Anonymous Upload Max File Size

I shared a Folder in a way that you can upload and view files even when not logged in.

As a logged in user i can upload files with sizes however much i set as the server limit.
When trying to upload a 400Mb file as the anonymous user, it either just gives up and does nothing or gets stuck without saying anything.

So basically i want to adjust the max file size an anonymous user can upload.
How would i do that?

Hi,

Never heard of such a limit for anonymous users.
Does the user that created the public folder has more than 400 Mb available in his account storage ?

I have the same problem with NC 26.0.3.
When I login I can upload GBs over the web frontend. But when I try to upload the same file with a anonymous upload link, than it doesn’t work. :man_shrugging:

In the log I found this error message, in case when I use the shared anonymous link:

{“reqId”:“prq4gvvqolu6mpVSqFkW”,“level”:3,“time”:“2023-08-27T21:42:13+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“192.168.1.14”,“user”:“–”,“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“PUT”,“url”:“/public.php/webdav/xubuntu-22.04-desktop-amd64.iso”,“message”:“Erwartete Dateigröße von 2701512704 Bytes, aber 0 Bytes gelesen (vom Nextcloud-Client) und geschrieben (in den Nextcloud-Speicher). Dies kann entweder ein Netzwerkproblem auf der sendenden Seite oder ein Problem beim Schreiben in den Speicher auf der Serverseite sein.”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/117.0”,“version”:“26.0.3.2”,“exception”:{“Exception”:“Sabre\DAV\Exception\BadRequest”,“Message”:“Erwartete Dateigröße von 2701512704 Bytes, aber 0 Bytes gelesen (vom Nextcloud-Client) und geschrieben (in den Nextcloud-Speicher). Dies kann entweder ein Netzwerkproblem auf der sendenden Seite oder ein Problem beim Schreiben in den Speicher auf der Serverseite sein.”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/nextcloud-26.0.3/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/Directory.php”,“line”:149,“function”:“put”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\File”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/nextcloud-26.0.3/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php”,“line”:1098,“function”:“createFile”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Directory”,“type”:“->”,“args”:[“*** sensitive parameters replaced “]},{“file”:”/var/www/nextcloud/nextcloud-26.0.3/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php",“line”:504,“function”:“createFile”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:“->”,“args”:[" sensitive parameters replaced ***”]},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/nextcloud-26.0.3/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php”,“line”:89,“function”:“httpPut”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/nextcloud-26.0.3/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php”,“line”:472,“function”:“emit”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/nextcloud-26.0.3/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php”,“line”:253,“function”:“invokeMethod”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/nextcloud-26.0.3/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php”,“line”:321,“function”:“start”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/nextcloud-26.0.3/apps/dav/appinfo/v1/publicwebdav.php”,“line”:123,“function”:“exec”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/nextcloud-26.0.3/public.php”,“line”:81,“args”:[“/var/www/nextcloud/nextcloud-26.0.3/apps/dav/appinfo/v1/publicwebdav.php”],“function”:“require_once”}],“File”:“/var/www/nextcloud/nextcloud-26.0.3/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/File.php”,“Line”:297,“message”:“Erwartete Dateigröße von 2701512704 Bytes, aber 0 Bytes gelesen (vom Nextcloud-Client) und geschrieben (in den Nextcloud-Speicher). Dies kann entweder ein Netzwerkproblem auf der sendenden Seite oder ein Problem beim Schreiben in den Speicher auf der Serverseite sein.”,“exception”:,“CustomMessage”:“Erwartete Dateigröße von 2701512704 Bytes, aber 0 Bytes gelesen (vom Nextcloud-Client) und geschrieben (in den Nextcloud-Speicher). Dies kann entweder ein Netzwerkproblem auf der sendenden Seite oder ein Problem beim Schreiben in den Speicher auf der Serverseite sein.”},“id”:“64ebc33580ba2”}

Anonymous (public) uploads don’t support chunked uploaded. As a result they’re more susceptible to all the parameter adjustments along the network path that are documented here:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_files/big_file_upload_configuration.html

Hi jtr,
thanks for the hint!
Here is the docu: Chunked file upload — Nextcloud latest Developer Manual latest documentation
“The API is only available for registered users of your instance.”