Android client unable to connect

I set up a Nextcloud instance on my private server which is working fine so far. I am able to connect via the Linux client, my browser, etc. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to connect the Android client with my Nextcloud server. I get two different error messages depending on whether I input the URL or the IP address of my server (see screenshots below). If I try to connect with the IP, it says that the server is in maintenance mode, which it obviously is not. When entering the URL, the connection gets tested and finally I get the message that the server took too long to respond.

nc_url_fail

If I try to connect with other applications (like Solid Explorer File Manager or keepass2android) from my phone, the connection succeeds after some time and I can view, download and upload files without problems. My setup is based on the examples for a dockerized setup with nginx proxy and self signed SSL certificates and I set'overwriteprotocol' => 'https' in my config.php.

Nextcloud server version is 20.0.4
Nextcloud Android client version is 3.14.3

Is this a bug of the Android client or more likely an error in my server configuration?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 Likes

Hi all,

I seem to have exactly the same problem. Access to my Nextcloud instance from Windows 10 via Nextcloud Client and notes app works like charm. On Android I can connect to Solid Explorer and I can smoothly connect via autosync app. But the Nextcloud Android app is not able to connect (“cannot find host”). Similary, WebDav connection (e.g. via Joplin on Android) does not work.

I have most recent Nextcloud updates installed.
I read a lot about ipv6 problems. Any suggestions?
Thanks for your support!

1 Like

Same Problem:
NextCloud is running in docker on a netcup server behind traefik.

• connecting to the instance with the android app via WLAN does not work
    The server just does not appear to respond at all, the app freezes.
    The same thing happens, if I get past the login (disabling WLAN) - the app just does not appear to be able to connect and sync files.

other than that:

• connecting to the instance with the android app via mobile internet does work
  • connecting to the instance with the browser on android via WLAN does work
  • connecting to the instance with the browser on the Desktop via LAN does work
  • connecting to the instance with the desktop app on the Desktop via LAN does work

My knowledge on the network subject is limited and I don’t know what to do about it.