[Android client] [Managed Host] Erros message: SSL initialization failed

Server:
IONOS (1&1) managed webserver (unlimited)
Running Nextcloud 18.0.4.2
Latest patch level
Security Rating A+
Scanned at 2020-06-05 08:42:03
Wildcard SSL certificate for domain incl. all subdomains

Client:
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Android v 8.0.0
Samsung Exp. v. 9.0
Kernel v. 3.18.91
Sec. Patch as of 2020/03/01
Nextcloud client v. 3.11.1

Hi everyone,

I know the forum already has an abundance of “SSL initialization failed” threads, but as I scoured all of them, there doesn’t seem to be a solution for the issue at hand. Also, as I am running my instance on a managed webserver, I can’t go too deeply into nginx or apache settings, as these are being managed by the provider.

Generally, the Nextcloud Android Client is working relatively okay. Sure, the app freezes a lot, some notifications can’t be trusted (“Files are being uploaded…” yeah sure…) and the nesting of app-views can lead to having to push the back-button a couple of times until you return to the main-screen. But, the intended functionality of viewing files on the server, downloading them etc. works relatively well. Uploading files, at least one-by-one also seems to work fine.

However, when I try to sync a full folder or use the “automatic upload” functionality, the app returns the “SSL initialization failed” message constantly. Leading to having a queue of files (72 currently) which are not being uploaded correctly (or at all). Sometimes the upload progress bar shows, that a file is being uploaded, just to fail the upload again with the SSL error message.

The sync-clients for Ubuntu Linux and Windows10, which I have in use on several devices, are working properly without any errors or problems with the same instance.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remedy this problem?

Thank you for your support.

Regards
dapari

Hi @dapari,

the best in this situation is to open an issue on the issue tracker at https://github.com/nextcloud/android/issues and ping @tobiasKaminsky about it.

best regards
Andy