I’ve been experiencing the same exact problem for the last few weeks on Android 10 using the Nextcloud client from F-Droid’s default repo (3.16.1, but this has been going on for at least a couple of versions) and I’ve been so bothered by it that I’ve tried a couple of things to see what could help. Alas…
- Connection via WiFi or mobile data (or both): No change.
Battery saver on or off: No change.
- App excluded from battery management: No change.
Data saver on or off: No change.
- Client, data and files purged and reinstalled: No change.
- Client app open in background: No change.
- Client app open in foreground: Sync notification works as intended!
Incidentally, does anyone know of a way to get rid of that stuck notification without killing the app? Much obliged!
Edit: I should have checked Github as well, huh?