Android client cannot connect to Nextcloud

Nextcloud version: 11.0.2 stable
Operating system and version: Debian 8 Jessie
Apache or nginx version: nginx 1.11.13
PHP version : 7.1
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: Yes

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps):
It’s quite simple, when I enter the URL for my Nextcloud server on my android client it instantly says “Malformed server configuration” and then my “Connect” button is gray and cannot click it. I have tested the Windows App to connect and sync folders and it works like a charm.

The issue you are facing:
I cannot connect to my server using the Android client.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging: Sadly there is no output log on the admin panels since the client does not even connect, I cannot get passed the testing URL phase.

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => 'oc3obAzi18cbst', 'passwordsalt' => 'nkxS1pPSxIOZtAwrJZAKdz+r7uXE9DXy', 'secret' => 'LwdwIud7NBtZTv3R6SgA7UFzr5CQ5hUaS5+kWNub6POUX8VsMk', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => 'cloud.domain.com', ), 'datadirectory' => '/var/www/clients/client1/web5/web/data', 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://cloud.mydomain.com', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '11.0.2.7', 'dbname' => 'db_name', 'dbhost' => 'db.mydomain.com:13306', 'dbport' => '', 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'dbuser' => 'c1_sl_db', 'dbpassword' => 'Password', 'logtimezone' => 'UTC', 'installed' => true, 'mail_from_address' => 'cloud', 'mail_smtpmode' => 'php', 'mail_domain' => 'domain.com', 'maintenance' => false, ); The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in `/var/log/____`: No logs related to Nextcloud in the nginx server log. I am using the latest Android client, it worked a couple of days ago no idea why I cannot login now. I am also using ISPConfig3 with Nextcloud so here is my nginx directive: add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;"; add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff; add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN"; add_header X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block"; add_header X-Robots-Tag none; add_header X-Download-Options noopen; add_header X-Permitted-Cross-Domain-Policies none; location = /robots.txt { allow all; log_not_found off; access_log off; } location ~ \.php$ { try_files /b615814d8f2c19dbcb25b1fbae07ce38.htm @php2; } # The following 2 rules are only needed for the user_webfinger app. # Uncomment it if you're planning to use this app. #rewrite ^/.well-known/host-meta /public.php?service=host-meta last; #rewrite ^/.well-known/host-meta.json /public.php?service=host-meta-json last; location = /.well-known/carddav { return 301 $scheme://$host/remote.php/dav; } location = /.well-known/caldav { return 301 $scheme://$host/remote.php/dav; } location /.well-known/acme-challenge { } # set max upload size client_max_body_size 20G; fastcgi_buffers 64 4K; # Disable gzip to avoid the removal of the ETag header gzip off; # Uncomment if your server is build with the ngx_pagespeed module # This module is currently not supported. # pagespeed off; error_page 403 /core/templates/403.php; error_page 404 /core/templates/404.php; location / { rewrite ^ /index.php$uri; } location ~ ^/(?:build|tests|config|lib|3rdparty|templates|data)/ { return 404; } location ~ ^/(?:\.|autotest|occ|issue|indie|db_|console) { return 404; } location ~ ^(.+?\.php)(/.*)?$ { try_files $1 =404; include fastcgi_params; fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$1; fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $2; fastcgi_param HTTPS $https; {FASTCGIPASS} fastcgi_intercept_errors on; fastcgi_index index.php; fastcgi_buffers 64 64K; fastcgi_buffer_size 256k; fastcgi_param modHeadersAvailable true; fastcgi_read_timeout 7200; } location @php2 { fastcgi_split_path_info ^((?U).+\.php)(/?.+)$; include fastcgi_params; fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name; fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info; fastcgi_param HTTPS $https; {FASTCGIPASS} fastcgi_intercept_errors on; fastcgi_index index.php; fastcgi_buffers 64 64K; fastcgi_buffer_size 256k; fastcgi_param modHeadersAvailable true; fastcgi_read_timeout 7200; } location ~ ^/(?:index|remote|public|cron|core/ajax/update|status|ocs/v[12]|updater/.+|ocs-provider/.+|core/templates/40[34])\.php(?:$|/) { fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.*)$; include fastcgi_params; fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name; fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info; fastcgi_param HTTPS on; fastcgi_param modHeadersAvailable true; #Avoid sending the security headers twice fastcgi_param front_controller_active true; #fastcgi_pass php-handler; #fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/hhvm/hhvm.sock; {FASTCGIPASS} fastcgi_intercept_errors on; fastcgi_request_buffering off; } location ~ ^/(?:updater|ocs-provider)(?:$|/) { try_files $uri/ =404; index index.php; } # Adding the cache control header for js and css files # Make sure it is BELOW the PHP block location ~* \.(?:css|js)$ { try_files $uri /index.php$uri$is_args$args; add_header Cache-Control "public, max-age=7200"; # Add headers to serve security related headers (It is intended to have those duplicated to the ones above) # Before enabling Strict-Transport-Security headers please read into this topic first. # add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;"; add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff; add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN"; add_header X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block"; add_header X-Robots-Tag none; add_header X-Download-Options noopen; add_header X-Permitted-Cross-Domain-Policies none; # Optional: Don't log access to assets access_log off; } location ~* \.(?:svg|gif|png|html|ttf|woff|ico|jpg|jpeg)$ { try_files $uri /index.php$uri$is_args$args; # Optional: Don't log access to other assets access_log off; } location = /data/htaccesstest.txt { allow all; log_not_found off; access_log off; }

I installed CatLog on the Android device to see what is going on, I saw several red warnings:

GetRemoteStatusOperation: Connection check at https://cloud.domain.com: Operation finished with HTTP status code -1 (success)

ExistenceCheckRemoteOperation: Existence check for https://cloud.domain.com/remote.php/webdav/ targeting for existence finished with HTTP status 550 (FAIL)

I also forgot to mention that I am using Let’s Encrypt for SSL, and recently updated Nginx from 1.8 to the latest version.