Android app not detecting/uploading images

Seems to get better and better over time.

I feel there is no end in sight. I’ve installed nextcloud on super numerary android phones; mostly samsung galaxy s[5,6,7,8] and note[4,8] and this auto upload stuff always seems to stop at some point.

What is the current bug that tracks this bug that must have existed since nextcloud came to be?

Hello,

I’m with same issue here. Android 9 / Samsung Galaxy S8+. No upload works, however I can delete files and login into NC15 without any issue. All other devices (Linux/Windows, and even iOS) works fine.

Not sure why this strictly happens with Samsung/Android devices, but its not just related for NextCloud Android app - same behavior occurs when I try to upload using Samsung Internet Browser/Firefox/Edge/Chrome. I believe that there’s some Webdav path thats not respecting a SSL setting regarding SSL Port maybe (I’m not running NGINX HTTPS on 443).

Any ideas?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with Android 9 installed. Most functions work, as in I can upload a file manually, delete and rename files. However the auto upload feature is DOA. If I enable a folder for auto upload, it prompts that “Your device may have battery optimization enabled. AutoUpload works only properly if you exclude this app from it”. The thing is I have excluded this app. If I include it and hit the “DISABLE” button, it takes me to the option to remove it. But if it’s already excluded, it just does nothing. So it seems there is an issue with accessing the API with Samsung phones or Android 9 phones. From reading above, others said it stopped working after upgrading their phone to Android 9. Also read it may be a Samsung non-standard battery optimization. So far I can’t make it work at all, which makes this solution a less likely alternative to DropBox or OneDrive. Hope they fix the Android app soon.

That could be true.

I have upgraded my Samsung phone to LineageOS 16 (= Android 9) and now autoupload is working fine.

BTW: I don’t buy any Samsung phones anymore. Enough is enough!

I have Samsung Galaxy S8 and I don’t have problems with auto upload. Latest firmware, latest app etc.
Every time I go to auto upload settings and save it shows warning about that battery optimization may be enabled. I have disabled it. I think it can’t see if it is enabled or not. That’s why you get warning every time.
I don’t have enabled only upload on wifi and only upload when charging. Subfolders are also disabled. Original files stays in the original folder. The folder where to upload is created with Nextcloud app. (not a default folder)
And from folder is default Camera folder.
My Nextcloud app is from Play Store.
Do you have all needed permissions enabled for the app in your phone settings?