Android App for Nextcloud Tasks

Does anyone know Android Task/ToDo Apps that can sync with Nextcloud Tasks and support recurring tasks?

I’m looking for something like OpenTasks, but with support for recurrences (it must not mandatorily be a free app).

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

1 Like

I wrote an mail with the developer of the Opentasks App. They work already on it.

davdroid? @ davdroid.com

While OpenTasks are required for providing the tasks, and DavDroid (or something else) is required to sync them, aCalendar+ is a client app that utilizes that and handles tasks well, including recurrence. It can display them on a calendar (which is what I like to see, for example).

This is an old thread but the situation is still the same. For anyone googling, the Tasks app on F-Droid looks and works fantastic, and supports recurrence. It is actively developed. If all you need to sync is Tasks (not calendars), this will do the trick.

https://f-droid.org/app/org.tasks

This one is not supported by DAV5x/Davdroid, you need OpenTasks for that (which I believe still does not support recurrence).

1 Like

I had no problems connecting tasks app from f-droid to my self hosted nextcloud, works perfectly! in the add account option choose caldav and then enter your nextcloud credentials and url, i just entered the basic url and the app found the tasks by itself. This just got me one step closer to data privacy :+1:

1 Like

OpenTask is an excellent Android app along with DAVx for synchronizing.

A noticeable disadvantage for me: Subtasks are not synchronized as subtasks in OpenTask, but only sorted alphabetically as main tasks. That is a pity. This topic has been known for a long time, but is not a priority in the processing.