I have been using nextcoud in Synology for few weeks. I have read other forum about an android app not connecting to the nextcloud server. They have mentioned the issue is with ipv6 address, but I do not have any ipv6 address. I do not know how to make it work.
1. Server Description:
I do not have much idea, but I am running 10.0.1 (stable). I have a domain “mydomain.com” SSL certified by COMODO RSA, and nextcloud is hosted at 10.0.1.10:444. Port is forwarded to WAN. If you need more information, please let me know.
2. The connection from my LAN: Nexus 5X results!
- 10.0.1.10:444/nextcloud —> web: WORKS! and app: WORKS!
- https://mydomain.com:444/nextcloud ----> web: WORKS! and app: WORKS!
- demo.nextcloud.com —> app and web oth WORKS
3. The connection from WAN: Nexus 5x results from my university and 4G
- https://mydomain.com:444/nextcloud---> web: -WORKS and app: - doesn’t WORK
- demo.nextcloud.com ----> both app and web WORKS
From many other posts, I saw that the issue was with an IPv6 address. I checked with “ipv6-test.com/”, and I do not have any working IPv6 connection. Since demo works, I am sure some configuration is wrong on my server side, but I am not able to figure out the issue.
Please can anyone help me?