Android App by Daper Abandoned?

Hello there!
Does anyone know the status of the Android app that was created by Daper? I have been exploring the app and issues on GitHub and the project seems abandoned at this point… I saw someone else on GitHub asked if the project was alive and it has not received any response from Daper, figured someone here might know what’s going on.

r we talking of the same passwords-app?

for me it was and is pretty well maintained. and @mdw seems to do a pretty great job. even here on the forum.
from which point on you are talking of “abandoned”? like: if the maintainer dares to be out for - say a week? or 2?

oh noo… now i see the tag “android”… and thus you are talking of this app

well… last commit sept, 3rd 2019… that’s still pretty recent for me. but i can’t tell you more, exactly, i’m afraid

1 Like

Sorry, should have clarified! I am talking about the Android app that connects to the NextCloud app! The NextCloud app maintained by @mdw is absolutely amazing :slight_smile:

1 Like

well… last commit sept, 3rd 2019… that’s still pretty recent for me. but i can’t tell you more, exactly, i’m afraid

I am not a security expert, but half a year since last release for an app that handles such explicit data seems to be a very long time. And unfortunately, there seem to be some bugs, making this app useless :-/.

For me, I can use the mobile nextcloud webpage through browser to have access to all credentials.
But for a none native IT user like my wife f.e., this is not an easy to use way.

I am also willing to pay for a proper app that can handle my own hosted passwords in nextcloud. But there is no alternativ available for Android devices :frowning:

the pros and cons of open source software…

1 Like

Well, there have been two new releases with 4 fixed issues in the meantime:

I am not a security expert, but half a year since last release for an app that handles such explicit data seems to be a very long time.

I don’t think so necessarily. If the API is stable and there are no bugs related to security, i don’t see any problem. Many commits which are changing the UI or just update copyright wouldn’t be very helpful for the security neither. Actually i think it also can be a sign of bad security and bad architecture if one has to change something at the security mechanism every few weeks :laughing: