Android app 1.4.0 RC2 (&RC3) fails to upload duplicates

I don’t want to call it a bug because I use this “functionality” to be able to re-upload a batch of files I wasn’t sure I fully uploaded, but I can’t imagine this is intended behaviour:

It simply errors out immediately once a number (n) is appended and moves to the next.

cc @tobiasKaminsky

The (n) is actually intended, that it immediately fails is not. So the later is to be considered a bug :frowning:

If you fix it, can you also add the ability to not upload duplicates for me too? Otherwise I’ll be forever uploading duplicate files again :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t have to :wink:
One of the evolutionary steps to be implemented for the new auto upload will be sync and also a “upload all existing images” and later on a sync (to server). So all that would basically solve and support your use case :smiley:

1 Like

1 Like

Hahaha, thanks but I usually just do the UI and @tobiasKaminsky is doing the network/file logic parts :slight_smile:
Other than that at some point we also want to add a “free some space” button which would then search for images that are already on the server and could be removed from the device savely :slight_smile:

Tobias can have some too. I hope that’s Tobias.[quote=“Andy, post:6, topic:5582”]
search for images that are already on the server and could be removed from the device safely
[/quote]

:heart_eyes:

Yes, that is Tobias :slight_smile:

Just got RC3:

Same problem.

RC4 and 1.4.0 - same problem.

HOWEVER (caps for emphasis) github beta 20161129 works without an issue.

Although the beta doesn’t give me the ability with auto upload to separate pictures and videos.