Alternative to QOwnNotes note taking app on MacOS?

Iā€™ve been using a combination of the Notebooks app on iOS and Qownnotes on MacOS to sync my Nextcloud notes. The iOS app uses Webdav and QOwnNotes has its own Nextcloud api which Iā€™ve installed. The syncing works fine but Iā€™ve recently run into a lot of limitations with QOwnNotes that makes me want to try a different MacOS app. Iā€™m having a hard time finding any other Mac app that will sync with NextCloud. I would use the web interface but there are occasions when I do need offline access on MacOS and I have not been able to find any other app that offers this feature. Does anyone know of an alternative to QOwnNotes on Mac?

Thanks very much for the suggestion. I tried the iOS and Mac apps. It doesnā€™t look like the iOS app is capable of syncing with anything but Microsoft Onedrive right now. The Mac desktop app uses Markdown but there is a lot of extraneous code added to the notes. I think the notes generated by the Joplin desktop app are only meant to be accessed by another Joplin appā€¦ too bad but it looks promising and Iā€™ll watch it for improvement. When I started a Nextcloud server, I didnā€™t realize that there are so few self-hosted client apps available on major platforms.

@mousersmb2 The ios App does appear to support many more options now, maybe that was added recently? Donā€™t know about the Mac Problem though.

Fyi, Joplin dev may release Jex documentation soon and Nextcloud Notes team seems interested in adding deeper integration.

I would recommend Zim Wiki as the best note taking experience. You have to build the mac installer, but all notes are easily readable within Nextcloud as plain text.