Allocate 1.4 TB of storage

Dear Nextcloud Community,

I would like to allocate 1.4 TB of storage to my Nextcloud users. However, in GB I can only set up to 1000 and in TB I can’t set commas (so only 1 or 2 or 3 TB etc.)

Is it somehow possible to allocate 1.4 TB to the users? I’m runnung NC in version 22 on a Ubuntu server with Apache2 and MariaDB.

Greetings!

1 Like

Hi @Bauanga

Just enter the desired value directly to the input field and ignore the dropdown menu that appears. I tested it on my instance and it works just fine.

Try using a period instead of a comma. Or you could enter 1400 GB as value. This will then automatically be renamed to 1.4 TB.

1 Like

I’ve tried that. If I enter a number higher than 1000 G Nextcloud sets to unlimited. Same with TB that are not 1 or 2 or 3 and so on. As soon it set a comma (or period) Nextcloud goes back to unlimited. Same behavoir on 3 different instances. Maybe because the data folder is on a zfs mount?

1 Like

With the decimal point, there is already a topic (also showing an alternative solution via command line: Cannot set user quota with decimal values in German locale · Issue #18468 · nextcloud/server · GitHub).

The unlimited storage was addressed here:

However it is marked as an enhancement and something to develop??

1 Like

Try to use command line, you can set everything from there even TB, GB or whatever:

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ user:setting <UserName> files quota 1.4TB

1 Like

Thanks for your help everyone!

Workaround: I’ve set the language and local to german - > set both to english (US) helps.

1 Like