All 3rd Party Android Apps stopped working

Hi,

All of my 3rd Party Android Apps aren’t working anymore out of the sudden.

Errors:

-Notes: "JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was NUMBER at line1 column 5 path $[0] at com.google.gson.internal.bindReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read…

-News: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not a JSON Object: [105]

  • Cookbook: Exception: FOrmatException: Unexpected character (at character 7) [105] Missing version directory

  • bookmarks: Connection failed

  • OC reader: Expected BEGIN_Object but was BEGIN_ARRAY at path $

  • News (another one): java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was BEGIN_ARRAY at line 12 column 2 path $

  • Deck: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not a JSON Object: [105]

and so on.
I didn’t change anything and it worked for years.

I’m running Debian 10 and postresql with NC 25.0.1

The log is showing a blank page after 0.000001 seconds.

A few users complained with a similar or identical error message (for example with the Deck Android app).

Providing your list is definitely helpful, because now we can rule out the Single Sign On library - can you confirm that you used at least one app without SSO? I think Cookbook and OCReader don’t support it and require entering URL and credentials manually.

One user reported that it worked after opening the corresponding app (Notes in this case) in the web browser. Can you verify this?

Update:

I am gathering other issues opened for the same reason here, maybe we see some commons and can identify the cause:

The independant cases match the error message of the original poster.

I am happy to help.

You are right, OC Reader is used with url, name and password.

Notes app didn’t work on android even after I opened it in the webbrowser.

I even installed a new Nextcloud instance with mariadb and used a android x86 vm. Everytime the same error.

@Nobody did you apply changes to your .htaccess file? An user with the same issue was able to solve the problem.

To try to troubleshoot , I tried the following :

  • Empty cache on the android app
  • Try to refresh my News android app feed → the bug described above appears.
  • Force-close the app, empty app cache and app data
  • Try to refresh my News android app feed → the bug described above appears.

Then;

  • enable News on another Nextcloud instance (other domain with NC24.0.5)
  • register to a RSS feed on this instance on the web interface
  • change my Android app setting to connect to this other NC (via the Nextcloud Files android app, not manual config)
  • Refresh
  • News feed appears on the News android app.
  • try to go back to the main domain. → bug again.