After upgrade to 18 lots of "Deprecated event type for OCA\\User_LDAP\\User\\User::postLDAPBackendAdded: null" in log

Hello,

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 18.0.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Official nextcloud docker image
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Official nextcloud docker image
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.3.13

The issue you are facing:

After upgrade to NC 18 my nextcloud log is full of those messages

{“reqId”:“PCcqniKEaPwhMe0TdrWO”,“level”:1,“time”:“2020-01-18T14:37:11+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“xxxxx”,“user”:“xxxxx”,“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/ocs/v2.php/apps/notifications/api/v2/notifications",“message”:“Deprecated event type for OCA\User_LDAP\User\User::postLDAPBackendAdded: null”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:72.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/72.0”,“version”:“18.0.0.10”}

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Normal usage of NC generates a lot of this messages.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
Relevant part above

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):
Relevant part above

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:
Not needed

1 Like

I have the same problem. Did you find any solution?

There exists an open issue, will be fixed with 18.0.1.

I am running 18.0.1 and I am still getting loads of these error messages. Is there anything that I should try?

i’m also flooded with:
Deprecated event type for OCA\User_LDAP\User\User::postLDAPBackendAdded: null

v18.0.3

Upgraded to 18.0.3 from 17.0.2 and still get messages Deprecated event type for OCA\User_LDAP\User\User::postLDAPBackendAdded: null .

Nextcloud shows it as DEBUG messages and it can be hidden by setting 'loglevel' => 2 in config.php , but the root of the problem is still there, at least in my case.

Same here on v18.0.3.

Hello,
today I upgraded from 17.0.3 to 18.0.4 on my Univention Corporate Server and have the same issue. 5 GBytes of error messages flooded my logfile within two hours.

Now I went back to 17.0.3, which works fine for me.

same here on 18.04
Did someone find any solution?
thank’s

Loglevel as mentioned earlier. It’s just a deprecation message. Nothing to worry.

Have seen this in the newest Version 19 after updating manually from 17.0.1 to 18.0.6 to newest on my setup. To hide this message i’ve used successfully the solution above. Can’t remember seeing this on the older Versions. Would be nice to know what causes this issue.