After Upgrade from Ubuntu 18.04 to Ubuntu 20.04 Nextcloud can't be started

Running Nextcloud on a Ubuntu-System 18.04 since one year without problem. Actual version NC 19.03, Server with Apache and PHP 7.2.

Today the server offered an upgrade to Ubunto 20.04. I started the upgrade, and the process ended without error.

I can get on the server by SSH. Trying to get to Nextcloud with a browser, it shows a php-script of the file “index.php” as plain text instead of starting Nextcloud. It looks like apache and / or php are not configured correctly. The apache error-log doen’t show anything helping. The php.ini used to be found under “/etc/php/7.2/apache2”, but this path doesn’t exist any more. Seems to be written over by upgrading. Now running is PHP 7.4. I have a bakup of the configuration-file (/etc), but they are for PHP 7.2.

Can anybody give a hint how to get itworking again?

If it’s just the php issue, Apache is looking but can’t find php 7.2.
Just tell it to use 7.4 instead…

sudo a2dismod php7.2
sudo a2enmod php7.4
sudo systemctl restart apache2.service

Thanks for your answer. The system answers: Error, Module php7.2 / php7.4 does not exist. On my command “php --version” the answer is: PHP 7.4.3 (cli) (built: Oct 6 2020) (NTS).

I got it running again. Reinstalled php 7.4, checked the configuration of php and apache along the nextcloud-manual, restarted apache and now it’s ok again.