After updated to v25.0.0 - now can't update apps "Confirm" button inactive

Anyone else seeing this? Is there a new permission or something I need to adjust? Long time ownCloud then Nextcloud user but haven’t seen this one before. v25.0.0 is great, but this is a blocker clearly. Maybe a X.0.0 bug?

I have the same bug. Tried to get around it by enabling the button using the browser’s live HTML editor, which does kind of work, but that’s of course a terrible solution.

I kinda wish i didn’t update but 24.0.6 was so buggy…

1 Like

Whew - glad it’s not just me. Thanks for posting.

Will get fixed in 25.0.1. [Bug]: Unable to send password, when managing apps · Issue #34684 · nextcloud/server · GitHub

Workaround: Log out and log back in and upgrade the apps immediately after that. Then no password prompt should appear.

3 Likes

@bb77
You have to ask yourself why the password exists at all in this place. Either it is useless or that it is not needed in your case is a security gap. :wink: Maybe someone like to write another issue. :wink:

I can understand that the system asks for a new password after some time. But this is not really useful. a good administrator will lock his computer, right? In addition, the session cookies used should be sufficient, right?

1 Like

In an ideal world this certainly would be the case :wink:

However this doesn’t bother me too much. I use a separate admin account anyways, and I rarely see this password prompt, because when I have something to do as admin it usually takes only a few minutes. For admins of larger instances, it may be annoying. But if you are using a password manager, it shouldn’t be that big of a deal either.

1 Like

btw… just pressing ENTER does work too, so no need to log off and log back in. Seems almost like a non-issue too me now :wink:

4 Likes

I agree. It is not a critical bug, but it is annoying, and using a password manager and pressing enter, does not work for me. Only when I enters the password by hand, does using ENTER work. I do not know if it is lacking focus or something. In that light it could a critical bug for some?

1 Like

Well in that case you would have to log off and log back in again. Or maybe copy & paste from the password manager will work…? Either way, I agree that this can get pretty annoying. But at least we now that the issue will be fixed with the next minor release. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Confirmed workaround this morning.

1. Go to Apps, start update
  2. When prompted, enter password (or auto-fill from password manager)
  3. Click into password field (if auto-filled)
  4. Press ‘Enter’

And it works. Annoying, but there is a way through. Thanks folks!

1 Like

Same issue, anyone has issued this bug’s GitHub.

1 Like

I’ll do it. The click into the field and has been fine, but yes, needs to be dealt with. Agree.