After loginscreen a 503

Hi after the Login I get

“Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.”

Nextcloud version 15
Operating system and version Ubuntu 16.04
Apache or nginx version Apache 2.4:
PHP version 7.2

This happened after a Plesk-Update

I did

restart the complete server
with no effect

occ maintenance:mode --off
but that was off already

occ maintenance:repair
with no results

I have about 18% Diskspace free which is a couple off hundred GBs
I ran htop and the system is hardly used, enough memory and cpu capicity.

Now I do not know where to continue . . .

any hint is welcome.

Regards,
Jan

Hi all

I have the same problem and can’t find a solution.

I get " 503 ## Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

error_log:
[Tue Jul 21 19:37:15.797037 2020] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 1526:tid 140627782113024] [client xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:40684] AH01067: Failed to read FastCGI header

[Tue Jul 21 19:37:15.797110 2020] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 1526:tid 140627782113024] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:40684] AH01075: Error dispatching request to :

have anyone an idea?

Thanks!

ich habe noch als root “plesk repair all” eingegeben.
Alle rekonfigurationen mit Y geantwortet.

Leider kein Resultat.

Es sind 230 GB frei - 1 Gb von 16 Gb Memory in Gebrauch - CPU-Last bei 2 bis 4 %

also es gibt kein Kapazitätsproblem.

MfG
Jan

there is a problem with php 7.3.20 and 7.2.xx. plesk is affected as well.
one solution is to update to php7.4
you may use the search function of the forum to find the other threads here.

1 Like

Thanks Reiner,

I put the site on PHP 7.1 because Nextcloud 15 does not support PHP 7.4.

It is working again.

(i mixed up german and english I just saw, happens when i am tired)

Regards,
Jan

Hi

I have upgraded to Plesk Obsidian and activated PHP 7.4. Now it’s working again. Thank you Reiner for the input!

Kind regards
Jan

@janvl and @unreal

Perhaps you should upgrade to new linux distributions and new nextcloud versions.
Or do you not have important data?

Unbenannt

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/15/admin_manual/release_schedule.html

Perhaps you can upgrade from 15, 16, 17 to 18 till 18 reaches end-of-life :wink:

Unbenannt

See also “release history”:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nextcloud#Release_history

Hi

I had the issue with Nextcloud 18.0.6, PHP 7.3, Debian 9.13‬. So it seems not only 15 is affected…

If the problem still exists please open an own thread.

@devnull

Perhaps you should upgrade to new linux distributions and new nextcloud versions.
Or do you not have important data?

Seems you have no idea about systemmanagement and creating a stable environment.

Just for the record:
nowadays it is usual to deliver updates every few months.
With linux - apache - mysql/mariadb - php - control panel (plesk) - webapp this means that there are far more then 1000 possible combinations. If one of these does not mind the backwards compatibility the system breaks, as it does far too often.

Comparing the IT today with that from the time when VaxVMS was much used, stabilty has been sacrificed on the altar of more and more features and untested updates.
I call this phenomenon updateritis.

Some of my customers are so annoyed that they protest when another update is announced.

I think that nextcloud is a very good solution for very small business that i help out but your comment shows a lack of understanding for the reality.
Ask someone that rented a vserver how “easy” it is to just upgrade linux.

Regards,
Jan

1 Like

I, too, have this problem, have my own thread here on the board and one over at the plesk board.

So far, no solution has been offered.

Updating to a newer Linux is not an option at the time, the system has to run until Ubuntu 16.04 is out of order, which is in a few month. Nextcloud 18 is deployed, and PHP 7.4 is not an option either, as with this hosting, there is no option for the newer Plesk, and without that, no PHP 7.4

My gut tells me the issue has to be fixed by Plesk, though.

Hi
with Ubuntu 16.04 - Nextcloud 15 - Plesk obsidian - PHP 7.1 it works for me.
Did you try that?

Regards,
Jan

Hi,

no, I have not. PHP 7.1 was EOL December 2019 and I use Nextcloud 18, which needs at least PHP 7.2, but even that is not recommended.

Thanks for your time, though,

regards

Thomas

Sorry I only have nextcloud 18 running on ubuntu 18.04 with ISPConfig (my testinstall).

Regards
Jan

Hi,

I just openend an official report with the plesk devs: https://talk.plesk.com/threads/nextcloud-gives-503-error-after-plesk-php-upgrade-to-7-3-20.357467/#post-880878

This worked for me

Restarting Apache
sudo systemctl restart apache2

Restart PHP
sudo service php8.2-fpm restart