After installation one problems

Hi, I have installed today NextCloud and I have some erros, and the error is:

Security & setup warnings

php does not seem to be setup properly to query system environment variables. The test with getenv(“PATH”) only returns an empty response.
Please check the installation documentation :arrow_upper_right: for php configuration notes and the php configuration of your server, especially when using php-fpm.
Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information on how to resolve this issue can be found in our documentation. (List of invalid files… / Rescan…)
The “Strict-Transport-Security” HTTP header is not configured to at least “15552000” seconds. For enhanced security we recommend enabling HSTS as described in our security tips.
No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please configure a memcache if available. Further information can be found in our documentation.
Please double check the installation guides :arrow_upper_right:, and check for any errors or warnings in the log.

I have another ones but I have repaired with sucess.

Another think, I have moving some files to the _data folder by ftp and that folders isn’t show on NextCloud instalation, just show the files and folders I have created there.

First Error: Edit the file
/etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/www.conf
and search for the env[HOSTNAME], env[PATH], env[TMP], env[TEMPDIR] and env[TEMP] and remove the “;”.

Third Error: Edit the file /etc/nginx/sites-available/default (assuming you are using Nginx as your webserver) and add
add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000";
to your server paragraph.

Fourth Error: Run
sudo apt install memcached php5-memcache
then edit the Nextcloud configuration file at nextcloud/config/config.php and add
'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APC',
to it.

Hi @julian thanks for the answers :slight_smile:

1 error - I’m using PHP7 is the same folder?

4 error - I have’d activated the memcached on PHP7, do I need to add the code line on config.php?

About the files and folder I have moved to the _data folder by ftp and that folders isn’t show on NextCloud instalation, just show the files and folders I have created on there, any one know the reason for dent show?

For PHP 7.0, the directory is
/etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/www.conf

Yes you need to add the line anyway.

You can’t upload files via FTP, you need to upload them directly to Nextcloud via the app or the web interface and then they will show up in your Nextcloud directory. It doesn’t work the other way round.

Thanks @julian :slight_smile:

From the upload files via FTP before I use NextCloud I use OwnCloud and for the time I was try that, I can upload the files via FTP.

Any chance to made that work? For me that is something great, I can use the NextCloud folder as a external drive and just need go to admin area to share folders or files.

@ftp: I guess it would be possible to upload via ftp and do a files:scan command after that to add them to the nextcloud database. But this looks a bid ugly to me :sweat_smile:. Yeah I would prefer to do it via the nextcloud clients or webdav clients.

@integrity check: Could you provide the list of files effected?

The good thing about using the Nextcloud data folder as an external hard drive is almost times just to update some content I have there.

Is working :slight_smile:

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Where can I use the scan command for the files I have insert by ftp?

See here.

$ sudo -u www-data:www-data php /path/to/nextcloud/occ files:scan USERNAME

Where www-data:www-data need to be the http user:group. I guess you uploaded the files just for yourself (one user), otherwise use the command with “–all” instead of user name as argument to rescan the whole nextcloud data folder for all users.

€: Ah “–unscanned” is another useful option to scan only previously unscanned files. Seems perfect in your case.
This would be:
$ sudo -u www-data:www-data php /path/to/nextcloud/occ files:scan --all --unscanned

Thanks, @MichaIng I have been looking since I have posted this, I have found some stuff than helping me.

The WebDAV have any limits to transfer the files? or depend on the server conf?

I don’t know about any limits that are not anyway there, e.g.

upload_max_filesize=511M
post_max_size=511M

in .user.ini/.htaccess as upload size limit.

1 Like

Thank you very much :slight_smile: