Advanced File access control

Working with cloud solutions in none of them I found it convenient to share structured data with the ability to control access to individual elements of the share. For example, you can do this by using a network drive at the file system level (user access rights).

Here I see two solutions:

1. allow users to manage access rights including subfolders / files (as is done in file systems)
  2. by opening access to the file / folder to allow the user to specify the path of visibility. Example: By opening the “CompanyName \ Projects \ Project-1 \ Doc” folder, you can display it as “MyGroupProjects \ Project-1 \ Doc” (user-defined by the owner) instead of the current “Doc”.

What is this for:

• open access to the folder for one user completely, and for another selectively
  • open access to individual files / folders preserving the data structure and not adding them to the root of the user for whom access is available
    You can find many examples where it will be convenient (especially if you have a convenient interface for this). Here I gave only the most revealing from my point of view.

=========================

Работая с облачными решениями ни в одном из них я не нашел возможности удобно делиться структурированными данными с возможностью управлять доступом к отдельным элементам общего ресурса. Так например можно сделать при использовании сетевого диска на уровне файловой системы (права доступа для пользователей).

Здесь я вижу два варианта решения:

1. позволить пользователям управлять правами доступа включая вложенные папки/файлы (как это сделано в файловых системах)
  2. открывая доступ к файлу/папке позволить пользователю задать путь видимости. Пример: открывая доступ к папке “CompanyName\Projects\Project-1\Doc” иметь возможность отображать его как “MyGroupProjects\Project-1\Doc” (задается пользователем владельцем) вместо нынешнего “Doc”.

Для чего это:

• открыть доступ к папке для одного пользователя полностью, а для другого выборочно
  • открыть доступ к отдельным файлам/папкам сохраняя структуру данных а не складывая их в корень пользователя для которого открывается доступ
    можно найти множество примеров где это будет удобно (особенно при наличии удобного интерфейса для этого). Здесь я привел лишь наиболее показательные с моей точки зрения.
2 Likes

Good idea in my humble opinion. There were some requests for this in the forum already and I’m wondering why this request was ignored such a long time.
From the described problems in this forum, companies would profit a lot. Especially those who need to offer storage space for teams or customers.
Hopefully a little push gives it a little more attention.