Adding users in LDAP through Nextcloud

Hello!

Is it possible to add users to LDAP through Nextcloud? We create user in Nextcloud’s admin panel and it become available in LDAP or it is only available to create users in LDAP and give them permissions to access Nextcloud? Nextcloud and LDAP are on different servers with CentOS 7 installed. OpenLDAP is used as LDAP client and server for both servers.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Unless someone corrects me I believe LDAP is one-way sync from server to NC.

Hi, it is the specification of the Nextcloud/LDAP App, or the specification of the whole Nextcloud, because LDAP allow to add any entries to db remotely.

Thanks!

Yes, the backend is not intended to be used as an LDAP management tool, so write support (with exception of opt-in password change in Nc 11) is neither planned nor a goal at all.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for your reply! I will notice that.

Hi,

I’m currently developing an App intended precisely to manage LDAP users via NextCloud interface.

Please tell me if you would like to test the first usable version as soon as it is ready.

best,
alan

@alantygel Count me in pls :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear Therlon,

Please find the very first usable (I hope) version here: https://gitlab.com/eita/ldapusermanagement . Don’t use it in a production env, or anywhere where data loss is undesirable. This app is still in a test version.

best,
alan

@alantygel Hello, thanks for sharing.
Unfortunately I have no time to do some tests now, coz I don’t have AD server for it.
I back to this in a few weeks.