I created a guide for the Citrix ADC VPX \ Citrix Netscaler reverse proxy for the NextCloud AIO reverse proxy guide on github.
This file has been truncated.
# Reverse Proxy Documentation
A [reverse proxy](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_proxy) is basically a web server that enables computers on the internet to access a service in a [private subnet](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network).
**Please note:** Publishing the AIO interface with a valid certificate to the public internet is **not** the goal of this documentation! Instead, the main goal is to publish Nextcloud with a valid certificate to the public internet which is **not** running inside the mastercontainer but in a different container! If you need a valid certificate for the AIO interface, see [point 5](#5-optional-get-a-valid-certificate-for-the-aio-interface).
In order to run Nextcloud behind a web server or reverse proxy (like Apache, Nginx and else), you need to specify the port that AIO's Apache container shall use, add a specific config to your web server or reverse proxy and modify the startup command a bit. All examples below will use port `11000` as example Apache port which will be exposed on the host. Modify the port to your needings.
**Attention:** The process to run Nextcloud behind a reverse proxy consists of at least steps 1, 2 and 4:
1. **Configure the reverse proxy! See [point 1](#1-add-this-to-your-reverse-proxy-config)**
1. **Use the in this document provided startup command! See [point 2](#2-use-this-startup-command)**
1. Optional: If the reverse proxy is installed on the same host and in the host network, you should limit the apache container to only listen on localhost. See [point 3](#3-limit-the-access-to-the-apache-container)
1. **Open the AIO interface. See [point 4](#4-open-the-aio-interface)**
1. Optional: Get a valid certificate for the AIO interface! See [point 5](#5-optional-get-a-valid-certificate-for-the-aio-interface)
1. Optional: How to debug things? See [point 6](#6-how-to-debug-things)
## 1. Add this to your reverse proxy config
**Please note:** Since the Apache container gets created by the mastercontainer, there is **NO** way to provide custom docker labels or custom environmental variables for the Apache container. So please do not attempt to do this because you will fail! Only the documented way will work!
On the github it says to do a pull request to add additional documentation for other reverse proxies but I do not know the first thing about github.
I was wondering if someone could help me do a pull request or copy and paste my guide to a pull request on my behalf.
I love nextcloud AIO and wanted to share the love back by making a guide.
My guide url is shown below.
Hi, you can edit the file here:
https://github.com/nextcloud/all-in-one/edit/main/reverse-proxy.md and create a Pull Request from there.
Thank you for the response…
gosh… the syntax here is kinda rough… how do you embed images?
Try to copy and paste or to drop a picture into the frame