Add all private IPs (local network) to Trusted Devices

Based on this post I have successfully added few devices on my network so they can access my Nextcloud installation. I added their private IPs (192.168.1.x). But I’m wondering if I could add all of them somehow without writing specific addresses?

I understand that trusted domains are meant mostly for domains, but we do not own a domain name and we have server hosted on our own network, so I can only access Nextcloud on our server from local devices via server’s private IP, not public IP (external).

As per the docs:

you can simply add:

'trusted_domains' =>
 array (
   '192.168.1.*',
 ),
2 Likes

You don’t need to add the IPs of the devices that access your Nextcloud. You only need to add the IP/domain of the Nextcloud server itself.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the meaning from @LukasReschke: You don’t need to add the IPs of the devices that access your Nextcloud. You only need to add the IP/domain of the Nextcloud server itself.

My situation: (as desribed here: NextCloud Box - Use of static IP address
I have an external static IP address
I assigned the nextcloud box an internal static address (192.168.1.30)

From my local network it is ok to access the nextcloud, but from the outside I have a problem and I can’t.
Witch IP do I have to add, to be able to access it from the internet

I have the exactly same problem…

The system caught a external dynamic IP and show as prohibited untrusted domain and from external device I can’t log or view page via web browser (blank page). but in the same LAN all are ok

The public IP of your server which you are using to connect to it. If this IP changes, you can use a dynamic dns to resolve to your ip, in this case it is enough to add the dynamic host name.

The public ip no is dynamic, is fix, neither I can if change the local ip address . Thanks for help me.