ACME & Lets Encrypt

Hi,

I created my Let`s Encrypt certificates with these both commands:

acme.sh --issue -d ihre.domain.de --keylength 4096 -w /var/www/letsencrypt --key-file /etc/letsencrypt/rsa-certs/privkey.pem --ca-file /etc/letsencrypt/rsa-certs/chain.pem --cert-file /etc/letsencrypt/rsa-certs/cert.pem --fullchain-file /etc/letsencrypt/rsa-certs/fullchain.pem --reloadcmd "sudo /bin/systemctl reload nginx.service"`

acme.sh --issue -d ihre.domain.de --keylength ec-384 -w /var/www/letsencrypt --key-file /etc/letsencrypt/ecc-certs/privkey.pem --ca-file /etc/letsencrypt/ecc-certs/chain.pem --cert-file /etc/letsencrypt/ecc-certs/cert.pem --fullchain-file /etc/letsencrypt/ecc-certs/fullchain.pem --reloadcmd "sudo /bin/systemctl reload nginx.service"

Everything fine.

Now I want to set Lets Encrypt as the standard CA by this commands:

su - acmeuser -c ".acme.sh/acme.sh --set-default-ca --server letsencrypt"

acme.sh --issue -d ihre.domain.de --server letsencrypt --keylength 4096 -w /var/www/letsencrypt --key-file /etc/letsencrypt/rsa-certs/privkey.pem --ca-file /etc/letsencrypt/rsa-certs/chain.pem --cert-file /etc/letsencrypt/rsa-certs/cert.pem --fullchain-file /etc/letsencrypt/rsa-certs/fullchain.pem --reloadcmd "sudo /bin/systemctl reload nginx.service"

acme.sh --issue -d ihre.domain.de --server letsencrypt --keylength ec-384 -w /var/www/letsencrypt --key-file /etc/letsencrypt/ecc-certs/privkey.pem --ca-file /etc/letsencrypt/ecc-certs/chain.pem --cert-file /etc/letsencrypt/ecc-certs/cert.pem --fullchain-file /etc/letsencrypt/ecc-certs/fullchain.pem --reloadcmd "sudo /bin/systemctl reload nginx.service"

Question:

Do I have to delete the current certifcates created with the first commands first?
Or simply entering the new comands and new certificates get installed and the old ones are replaced?

Thanks

Any tipps on this?

In the docs, they say that the certificates are copied to this location and keep the same permission settings:

If they rename the old ones before or if they delete them (because they are just copied from somewhere), i don’t know. But the link is from they repository, you could go through their code. Or just save all your config files to a backup and give it a try :wink: