Account creation with email fails on Firefox (works on other Discourse instances)

Connecting from a remote location so I don’t have the bandwidth to install additional browsers to test.

Using Firefox 90 on Ubuntu 21.04, account creation on help.nextcloud.com using an email address fails with error message:

We cannot detect if your account was created, please ensure you have cookies enabled.

Cookies are indeed enabled, and I have tried creating accounts with email on a discourse server I run myself, as well as on try.discourse.org. Both work OK.

I was able to use Discourse to sign in, but there may be a problem with the server config.

2 Likes

Indeed. Despite Google and Facebook social integration being broken, I managed to register an account with GitHub and link it to twitter. However, this instance of Discourse prevents me disabling those social integrations, so to create a new account, I must use an e-mail address.

The aforestated error prevents this. Registration at this forum is entirely broken.

1 Like

It’s appears to have been remediated now. This is my new account, registered with an e-mail address and password rather than social media account. Perhaps registration solely fails on https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.fenix. @kurankat, I used Show openSUSE:Factory / MozillaFirefox - openSUSE Build Service.