Access to microphone & camera was denied in browser - TALK is working fine in the APP

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Some useful links to gather information about your Nextcloud Talk installation:
Information about Signaling server: /index.php/index.php/settings/admin/talk#signaling_server
Information about TURN server: /index.php/settings/admin/talk#turn_server
Information about STUN server: /index.php/settings/admin/talk#stun_server

Nextcloud version (eg, 24.0.1): 25.0.4
Talk Server version (eg, 14.0.2): Talk 15
Custom Signaling server configured: no and version
Custom TURN server configured: no
Custom STUN server configured: no

In case the web version of Nextcloud Talk is involved:
Operating system (eg, Windows/Ubuntu/…): Ubuntu 22.04
Browser name and version (eg, Chrome v101): Chrome, Safari, Firefox

In case mobile Nextcloud Talk apps are involved:
Talk iOS version (eg, 14.0.2): replace me
Talk Android version (eg, 14.0.2): replace me

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging or errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/:

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

Your browser log if relevant (javascript console log, network log, etc.):

PASTE HERE

What’s your issue?

Denied access to microphone and camera on browsers. I checked on Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari… All browser are throwing the same error. I checked and allowed the Privacy in all browsers.

Further, the TALK application on Android is working without any issues.

That’s going to be a browser issue. The method to allow it varies by browser, but I know for example Firefox will prompt you unless it’s been denied before to that site.

You should see an icon for it at the left end of the address bar while in a Talk conversation.

Are your mic and camera working in the browser in other sites?

1 Like

Thanks for the reponse dear… I checked all the setting of the browsers. And even with the PADLOCK on the left side will direct us to the Page setting where we will have option to choose “Allow / Ask / Deny” options for the particular site to use the microphone and camera.

I believe the issue is totally different but not able to figure out.

Further, I tried installing the nextcloud on my other VPS which is having CentOS7 is working perfectly through all these same browsers…

Nextcloud has no control over whether the browser is allowing access to system devices. The backend system must be functional if it’s working on mobile.

What is it set to (Allow/Ask/Deny) for the one that isn’t working?

Hi, it has been set to “Allow”. In mobile it is working fine through the talk application. But not via chrome. Further please note the server is managed via CloudPanel control panel.

I was facing the same issue by using Nextcloud via Cloudpanel. Have a look into your vhost and look for:

add_header Permissions-Policy "geolocation=(),midi=(),sync-xhr=(),microphone=(),camera=(),magnetometer=(),gyroscope=(),fullscreen=(self),payment=()";

and replace with

add_header Permissions-Policy "geolocation=(),midi=(),sync-xhr=(),microphone=(self),camera=(self),magnetometer=(),gyroscope=(),fullscreen=(self),payment=()";

to enable microphone and camera access.

1 Like