Nextcloud version (eg, 18.0.2): 15.?.?
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Synology DSM 6.2.2
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.39
PHP version (eg, 7.1): PHP 7.0.33
phpMyAdmin: 4.9.2
MariaDB10

The issue you are facing:

Hello,
after a harddrive crash I’ve rebuild the system from a backup (Synology Hyperbackup).
The system does run again, but I cannot administrate the system any more.

• trying to get access to the (sorry, German) “Einstellungen” or “Benutzer” (=USER) results in an error message: “Zugriff verboten App is not enabled”.

ok, using Synology Hyperbackup was not my smartest move… as the Backup obviouisly does not restore all access rights. Some parts I could fix, but I’m stuck now.

Any guide / help how I can regain admin rights?

Thanks,
WinnieTwo

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):Y

1 Like

Same problem, after I accidentally deleted some files from my server space today. I could restore a backup and everything seems to work at the first glance, but I have no access to the user settings nor apps.
I just get a warning: Access denied app is not enabled

Regards,

lomsof

Hi,

root cause seems to be that after backup I updated to a new NextCloud version (from 15 to 17), which organizes the apps differently.
My restore system just replaces the existing files and keeps the ones which have been added after the backup run.
So I found out that the app: “settings” was added in the new Nextcloud installation, but not in my original one.

Now this is how I got it up&running again:
change to your nextcloud installation directory /…/nextcloud
change to directory /apps/
delete the /settings/ directory
(or maybe just rename it to something like /1234567/ )

and I was back in business.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Wow! That worked!

Vielen Dank!

Hello!
Same problem, but the solution to delete the settings folder does not work.
I simply deactivated the “Nextcloud Settings App” in the App-Setting page via Web Interface. And now I looked myself out.
I recently updated my Nextcloud 16 to 17 which is running on a Synology Diskstation. SSH access with root is possible for me.
A complete new installation of the \web\nextcloud folder does not solve the issue as the APP settings seem to be stored in the database, or?
How can I reactive the Settings-App for the Nextcloud-Web Interface?!?