Access App Settings in JavaScript

Hello,
Im a German Developer and currently working on my first NextCloud Application.
I already have a good (and working) base now and wanted to add some Administrator Settings to my App.
I already am at a point where the Value of this single Setting will be saved and loaded in the Settings Page themselves. Because i would need the Value in JavaScript, i tried to access it with

console.log(OCP.AppConfig.getValue('berichtsheft', 'pdf_auto_date', 'no'));

but i just get ‘undefined’ in the console.

I can access the value in PHP but dont know how to use it in JavaScript.

If i try logging

OCP.AppConfig.getValues

without (), then i will see the Function but i cant call it.

Thanks for reading all this and your help.

The OCP prefix is deprecated.

As far as I understand your situation, you have managed to create and access the app’s settings within the PHP backend, right? Now you want to access these from the JS frontend. Am I correct?

Then, you need to provide a backend API endpoint for loadng the current configuration (and one for storing a new configuration) by your backend. The frontend can use @nextcloud/axios to query these endpoints and request the configuration as needed.

Without further information (e.g. a GitHub link) it is hard to help you further.

That’s right.

https://github.com/jonasfrick/NextCloud-Berichtsheft-App

The way you do it, is by using IInitialState in your ISettings class in php to pass your configs. You can take a look at Port admin settings to vue by CarlSchwan · Pull Request #1880 · nextcloud/news · GitHub to get an idea how this is done in practive and using all the latest vue components