A very big THANK YOU for the extensive beta- and RC-testing of NC 25

Hey NC, first and foremost @blizzz and @Andy (and, of course @Daphne who is always shying away from such things) - I hope I haven’t forgotten anyone… pls let me know if I mistakenly did and I’ll add them asap.

What I wanted to get out was: beta-testing NC 25 with 7 versions and RC testing with 2 versions went as good as never before… I noticed that you even bypassed your set release-dates several time just to make sure that V25 is gonna be rock solid before being unleashed to the public.

So this clearly shows that NC DOES take care about the opinion of this forum and it’s community, of course.
Thank you for all the effort you put into this release-cycle.

And of course an extra-thank you to our dear @bug-hunters who did an extraordinary job again with hunting down bugs!

so these hearts go ou to everyone involved. grab yourself one of it, print it out, cut it off and then glue it to your wall :wink:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

21 Likes

Thanks a lot for your kind words @JimmyKater and sorry for needing to 2 weeks to find the time to reply - still had to get 25 wrapped up for yesterday’s final, stable release :tada:

I also want to say thank you to all of you from the community who helped with the new release 25 with test-driving the release, translations, documentation, hunting down bugs, updating apps to be compatible with version 25. Also beyond all this on a general note to be around i.e. here on the forums helping out others in running Nextcloud and discussing and thinking about how to improve Nextcloud as a solution and as a project.

To me as a contributor in my private life (Android apps) as well as from a professional/business-life perspective working for Nextcloud as a company: this work you all do and the feedback and input is super important and extremely value-able.

We are constantly learning and improving things in and around Nextcloud, so to also comment a bit on the point of:

What I wanted to get out was: beta-testing NC 25 with 7 versions and RC testing with 2 versions went as good as never before… I noticed that you even bypassed your set release-dates several time just to make sure that V25 is gonna be rock solid before being unleashed to the public.

One take-away for me here is that we will keep improving here or in a way sticking to what has been mentioned, that is what I call a “shift left” meaning I want especially server-releases when talking about beta versions and release candidates to be available sooner for everyone to be available and accessible so everyone interested might it be keen admins, translators, app developers and tester to have the chance to get a look at things and a feeling for the upcoming changes. In a way that will also mean that betas aren’t necessarily feature complete but for me getting feedback earlier, providing a chance for people to get accustomed to changes in smaller steps via such releases has more ups than downs. And in a way, if you don’t want it, just wait for later, more matured pre-release versions.

So am a really happy and proud about what Nextcloud as a community achieved with the release of Nextcloud Hub 3 here and am looking forward to what we all will achieve with it and the future releases to come.

So as @JimmyKater said, please take one of the :heart:s it is very, very well deserved - Thank you

– Andy

3 Likes