A new update for nextcloud is about to be installed

I’ve been using nextcloud for years on all the machines I use. On one of them today I noticed it wasn’t running and when I tried to run it from start menu it opened into the task tray on 2019 server and then closed. When it’s run I get the attached notification. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled but I get the same thing.

Renamed nextcloud file directory and I when I ran nextcloud it initiated another installation. ??? Now it does not pop the notification in my original post but it does the same thing. Evant log shows this now.

Faulting application name: nextcloud.exe, version: 3.8.0.45243, time stamp: 0x642710db
Faulting module name: nextcloud_csync.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x64270c66
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001be90
Faulting process id: 0x463c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d965cdf6141290
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Nextcloud\nextcloud.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Nextcloud\nextcloud_csync.dll
Report Id: 530af139-28c1-47cc-b966-16d7355e16d2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Looks like this system was out of sync and NC was crashing because of it. Doesn’t seem like it should do that but after finding the files that were causing the issue everything is stable now. I had to remove the .sync files in the root before it would start syncing but even then it would crash when it got to the files that were out of sync.
Seems odd that NC would have this sort of stability issue this far along in it’s lifetime.
I’m out.