2FA Login Page Refresh

I’m experiencing a potential issue with two factor authentication. On the second stage of the login screen the browser will automatically refresh every 5 seconds; I have timed this and it is literally 5 seconds.

I’m not sure if it’s just me or whether this is intended behavior, however this will be quite challenging for users who don’t type particularly fast and/or have long passwords.

Yeah - this should be addresses soon. I really had a hard time, when I tried to login into my account, when I was on a low bandwidth connection and I wasn’t able to type in the needed code, before the login screen refreshed. I got in eventually, but it took some time and really way cumbersome.

So… I second that. However, maybe an issue on github should be raised for that. I will take a look at the apps guthub page, maybe there’s already an issue open for this.

Ahh… see here… Issue 29 TOTP

Seems, that this was a bug in the ownCloud core/nextcloud server and it should have been fixed in NC10, although I must say, that this issue still shows up in my NC10 installation.

Yeah I’m on NC10 too.

You’ll have to install the latest daily build - an older may work as well. I didn’t pay attention to when exactly the patch made it into NC10, but the last daily build will solve your issue. I just tried that and no there’s no more refresh in the TOTP page. :slight_smile:

The fix is https://github.com/nextcloud/server/pull/1104/files

Feel free to remove the red code part in lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Request.php manually.

Thanks for that - all working perfectly now!