2023: which is the best free WebDAV client with Drive letter assignation (Windows)?

Hello:

I have been reading a lot about free WebDAV clients for Windows (with drive letter assignation) and I was wondering which is the best option nowadays, in 2023.

For the moment it looks like RaiDrive and cyberDuck are the best situated APPs, but none of them are free of advertisement or donations.

Thanks a lot.

My best regards.

Windows supports mounting WebDAV as drives out of the box.

Why should anyone install additional proprietary stuff with ads??

1 Like

Becuase Windows doesn’t handle it very well.

For example, I am having issues connecting to the server. Everyday I have to re-connect to the Files Server.

Thanks.

The problems are well known.
But you have to set it up correctly, and Windows also offers enough in-house tools for that:

Create a textfile, call it something like mount nextcloud on drive Z.bat with the following content:

@echo off
cls
echo Delete existing connections
net use * /delete /yes
echo Connecting network drive
echo.
net use Z: \\%your-nextcloud.com%@ssl\remote.php\dav\files\%user%\ /user:%user% %password%
echo.
echo connection successfull

in this file you have to replace

%your-nextcloud.com% with the url of you nextcloud server,
%user% with the user you want to connect to
and
%password% with the app password that you created for this mount in your /settings/user/security section on the webfrontend.

Now you can add it to your autostart folder as follows:
Press the “Windows” key + R together,
enter shell:startup
Drag the batch file into the folder.

Alternatively, you can add the file to the registry’s autostart mechanism in:
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

If you don’t want it to auto mount, you can simply keep the file somewhere and as soon as you double klick on it, your drive wil be mounted.