1 error in the logs since (DATE) - makes no sense

I just finished installing the latest Nextcloud 28.0.3 and I get the error shown below when I select the Overview button.

1 error in the logs since February 26, 2024

After investigating, the error above makes no sense to me because when I open the Nextcloud.log using NANO command shown below I get an empty log file with no errors to show.

john@mypc:/var/www/nextcloud/data$ sudo nano nextcloud.log

In fact, the Nextcloud.log file is “0M” as shown in code below:

john@mypc:/var/www/nextcloud/data$ ls -l --block-size=M
total 0M
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 0M Mar  3 21:54 index.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 0M Mar  3 21:33 nextcloud.log

Additionally, the Feb. 26, 2024 date makes no sense because I installed my Nextcloud today on March 3, 2024. So I find this error very odd.

In short, why does Nextcloud generate a warning about an error that does not show up inside the Nextcloud.log file? Any advice on how to fix this warning is welcome.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter how old your Nextcloud installation is. This warning simply shows the number of errors in the logs for the last seven days.

How did you install it? Did you use a specific guide or script?

My guess would be that with the guide or script you used, Nextcloud was configured to create a log file in a different location, outside of the Nextcloud data folder, and now that file is being used for logging.

Thank you for your post BB77. I installed the latest Nextcloud onto my Ubuntu Server v22.04.3 OS using the wget command below:
wget https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/latest.zip

But before that I manually installed Apache2, MariaDB and PHP 8.2 FPM.

In other words, I did not use a SNAP or Docker Container installation.

Below is a screenshot of the “1 error in the logs since (DATE)”

As you can see there is no Nextcloud Documentation link located beside this Warning so I have hit a brick wall since I cannot refer to any any documentation. The only clue I have to go by is the error I found in the Nextcloud builtin LOG reader shown below. However, I am not 100% certain the Warning below is the cause to the “1 error in the logs since (DATE)” Warning . Does the builtin Nextcloud LOGGER bracketed error code I have included below provide any clue to what is causing the “1 error in the logs since (DATE)” to appear?

Warning
no app in context
Host xxx.xxx.x.231 (this is my Ubuntu Server IP) was not connected to because it violates local access rules
Mar 5, 2024, 1:25:00 AM

{              
  "reqId": "FxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx",
  "level": 2,
  "time": "2024-03-05T01:25:00+00:00",
  "remoteAddr": "xxx.xxx.x.205",    (This is the IP of my Windows 10 Client PC)
  "user": "john",
  "app": "no app in context",
  "method": "GET",
  "url": "/index.php/core/preview?fileId=36&x=32&y=32&mimeFallback=true&a=0",
  "message": "Host xxx.xxx.x.205 was not connected to because it violates local access rules",
  "userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:121.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/121.0",
  "version": "28.0.3.2",
  "data": [],
  "id": "65XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx"
}

Do you or anybody in this community have any advice how I could troubleshoot this so I can fix this “1 error in the logs since (DATE)” error. Thank you to everybody for you time.