Which missing apps and features do you want in Nextcloud?

i would like to have a shopping list (“Einkaufsliste” for e.g. grocery) that i can share with circles and they automatically sync with the clients.

I use Deck for that one.

Imho it c overs it perfectly.

Allowing the Dashboard to be available as an RSS feed would make it easy to monitor and share with guests. This is already possible with the Activity and Bookmarks apps. Also, it’ll go nicely with the ability to re-organize the Dashboard by project association (in-progress).

1 Like

There is only ONE thing i really need and miss: native samba server additional to webdav

webdav just has to much overhead. esp for many small files. it is nice for small things (eg calendar, keepass) but not for any serious work.

so please… implement a native samba server using nextclouds usermanagement and an automatic share for every user.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: BIM Collab Zoom integration

You gonna actually make the install hustle free and integrate all the tools(LIKE STUN SERVER) inside the container ?

All Nextcloud’s app will work with Vue.js ? :slightly_smiling_face:

Federated Nextcloud Talk would be a nice feature.

7 Likes
  • Nextcloud really needs to get into the crypto game /s
  • A Home assistant
  • Nextcloud on-demand: Run an ubuntu VM directly in your nextcloud, accessible via your browser
  • Nextcloud Question answering app à la stack overflow, hence the Q&A
  • A fully-integrated nextcloud backup solution that backs up to your favorite google account
2 Likes

Great suggestions, but it’d be better to work on making it rock solid, before implementing new features. IMHO.

9 Likes
  • a metadata backbone with a plug-in system that allows Nextcloud core and all the apps to manage different kinds of metadata (like EXIF, MP3 tags, bibliographic data, medical imaging, …) allowing searches, dashboard widgets, time trends and more

• real tags management: search tags in unified search, have widgets that display last tags / most used tags / tags trends / …, interaction with projects, share by tags, …

• Extend Flow functionality by allowing “federation” (i.e.: Flow procedures can act on more than one Nextcloud installation) and interfaces with the major opensource software like Node-RED or n8n (see IFTTT channels for Nextcloud )

I like also the ffully-integrated nextcloud backup solution proposed by @marcelklehr !

1 Like

Virtual backgrounds for Talk

1 Like

Git Source code repo integration? :slight_smile:

1 Like

True, but I think the new blurry background option is already a nice improvement in the right direction

1 Like

I use tasks with my wife for that, on mobile we use Tasks.org

What I need is a direct import of a camera-shot as a pdf, without detours (camera-shot → pdf, pdf ->nextcloud import) via other aps.

Hello,
Joplin is irrelevant : the files it creates can be read only in Joplin, and have names impossible to read.
Means that you can’t create a txt file with Joplin on you phone and read the file on your computer with a text editor.
That’s a nightmare when you have several devices and OS.

2 Likes

Sync SMS and MMS text/group messages to desktop. RCS too if that ever becomes possible. The existing FOSS apps that claim to sync text messages appear dead.

I would love to be able to to reply to an MMS group message with an email, automatically swapping phone numbers for email addresses for extant address book contacts.

3 Likes

Gmail integration for attachements. Would be great to be able to attach files from nextcloud directly in the gmail web interface :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love to have an easy way to set a link to my contact data (in German: “Impressum”) and privacy declaration on all pages, not just the login-page and some (e.g., as far as I see, not where PDF-files are shared) of the publically shared files. Otherwise, I believe, the installation will not be fully compliant with the GDPR, unlessed used for private purposses, depending on the case, as, according to my knowledge, both contact data and privacy declaration have to be linked from each single page (more or less) directly. The best would be to have thosse links in the header, I think.