Which missing apps and features do you want in Nextcloud?

Better tagging. In bulk, after selecting a bunch of files. It would also be nice to have it on the main menu instead of having to go to the Details.

3 Likes

On mail, at the minimum, we should be able to have the formatting bar as in google (italic, bold, etc.). Action icons will be also nice.
In the current state, it’s really poor.

1 Like

You can submit a feature request for mail here. Please remember to submit feature requests if you can, or link ones already existing in your posts. Thanks for sharing all these great ideas!

1 Like

video streaming server to quickly host a Webcam-Stream (via Webinterface or as RTSP service).
Useful to cooperifly host live-events for hobbiests, watch your CCTV remote, share your outdoor webcam to the public.

I only see rather complex solutions which mostly require docker to get things working and usually involve a lot of steps. But maybe this can be done also via Nextcloud app?

Peertube is currently working on a federated and P2P approach to get even live streams working, maybe this is a good chance to hop in?

1 Like

In case of this not have been already said:

• Jitsi integration or complete app in it
  • capabilities to replicate some folders or entire nextcloud data of a user to another nextcloud server
  • capabilities of saving the same files over multiple nextcloud server at the same time

Allow users to disable Dashboard and restore Files / AppOrder as their the primary view in nc20+.

This is currently only possible for admins through root access to the shell.

1 Like

Automate adding to a Project via Flow app

I’d love to see all of the client and browser applications for Nextcloud supporting LoginFlow. This greatly simplifies things by not needing to know webdav addresses or one-time passwords.

As it is almost that time of year again:

A secret santa generator

2 posts were split to a new topic: What advantage would Jitsi have over the existing BBB app

An Admin application (GUI) that would easily allow you to change and/or add an additional storage directory. Separate from application installation/OS drive. Unless you initially install on a NAS, storage often becomes an issue sooner than expected, drives get old (eventually failing) requiring the admin to manually change the data destination, why not just make it a tool for the Admin. I’m sure this easier said than done as I’ve tried moving the data directory to another drive following step by step instructions,. I’m a novice with Linux but I think this feature would really enhance users inclination toward self storage.

1 Like

The ability to add multiple data storage paths with an option that makes them appear as a single merged big storage in the cloud space directory.

2 Likes

A function to allow you to see file hash in the file details information.

@Jammer https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/checksum

It would be nice to see a listing in the files menu for “conflicted copies” in whatever manner possible. Improvements have been arriving for client devices, and this is a complex problem and any way to make it less painful is truly appreciated!

5 Likes

PLEASE create a proper method of migrating between auth backends. For example I would like to migrate from Nextcloud’s internal auth to LDAP. But there’s no real way to do that. I’ve seen several posts saying how to do it, but those involve running various database commands etc, which isn’t a real solution, and Nextcloud can’t expect anyone in the field to reasonably do that in the field in a production environment.

1 Like

Also I would love to be able to choose the same option for all conflicting files at once

3 Likes

“Push Notifications are currently not available” for Nextcloud unless installed on Android via Google Play store.

Android Mobile Client really needs an alternative way to other Push or Pull notifications, as only the Google Play version is currently supported for Nextcloud notifications. Users of F-Droid version, or any Linux users on devices such as the Librem 5 and Pinephone, have no way to receive any notifications on their device afaik.

4 Likes

No more features please. Stability instead. Spend more time on testing than on marketing! Please!

4 Likes

Same for me. And Video playing also.

Chat Notifications Popup or Drop down from Profile Area = HOMERUN!

From users on my Nextcloud, this is the most desirable. The red marker on the bell is not enough of an indicator to be noticed when one has a Talk/IM message.

3 Likes