.well-known/caldav warning

No problem. Iā€™m thankful for help.

Module rewrite already enabled

It would be halpful if Nextcloud would tell me, where the problem is, because if NC can say me that there is a problem, it have to prove files or whatever.

Hey, I have a similar issue.
Although the redirection works fine, the overview tab in the nextcloud settings gives me the error. I am using nextcloud:apache inside docker behind an nginx proxy. Can anyone relate?

I am having exactly the same issueā€¦
The docker image is missing key features aswell, kinda anoyed about that :confused:
I think I will look for a modded version by someone.

EDIT:
I have to correct myself! Nextcloud Developers thought about that and offered a solution which I didnā€™t get firstā€¦
The solution for the ā€œfeature problemā€ is simply Dockerfile full: (this one is for the apache image, there are examples for all images)

Put these files into a folder next to your docker-compose like ā€œappā€ in my case.

In your docker-compose.yml

nextcloud:
    build: ./app

instead of

nextclouod:
    image: nextcloud

Now just docker-compose build --pull and docker-compose up -d
Really easy and awesome solution for custom containers, thanks! :slight_smile:

Donā€™t mean to hijack the thread but I am having the same issue and canā€™t find a solution to fix itā€¦

I am using Proxmox VM for 1-2 years, sometimes the updates have a couple of hickups but been able to fix them searching here or in github for solutions.

This one, I canā€™t find anything that fixes it :frowning:

My /var/www/nextcloud/.htaccess file has the correct content and this was working fine. I think a ntp update also upgraded php7.1 to php8.1 and problems startedā€¦

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} DavClnt
  RewriteRule ^$ /remote.php/webdav/ [L,R=302]
  RewriteRule .* - [env=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
  RewriteRule ^\.well-known/carddav /remote.php/dav/ [R=301,L]
  RewriteRule ^\.well-known/caldav /remote.php/dav/ [R=301,L]
  RewriteRule ^remote/(.*) remote.php [QSA,L]
  RewriteRule ^(?:build|tests|config|lib|3rdparty|templates)/.* - [R=404,L]
  RewriteRule ^\.well-known/(?!acme-challenge|pki-validation) /index.php [QSA,L]
  RewriteRule ^(?:\.(?!well-known)|autotest|occ|issue|indie|db_|console).* - [R=404,L]
</IfModule>

Anything else I can do?

Nice to see Iā€™m not alone with that problem! Rewrite is just a riddle I cannot solveā€¦

I started dealing with Nextcloud only a few days ago and this was a major time killer until I found someone (I think on stackoverflow) not using rewrite but headers module to solve it.

My nextcloud and mariadb run in containers exporting https on port 9443 on a nas with hostname qnap and the apache proxy runs on another host.
So my apache proxy configuration for nextcloud now looks like this and those errors/warnings are gone:

Header always set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15552000; includeSubDomains; strict-origin; preload"
Redirect 301 /.well-known/carddav /nextcloud/remote.php/dav
Redirect 301 /.well-known/caldav /nextcloud/remote.php/dav
Redirect 301 /.well-known/webfinger /nextcloud/index.php/.well-known/webfinger
Redirect 301 /.well-known/nodeinfo /nextcloud/index.php/.well-known/nodeinfo

ProxyPreserveHost     "off"
SSLProxyVerify        "none"
SSLProxyCheckPeerName "off"
ProxyRequests         "off"
SSLProxyEngine        "on"

<Location "/nextcloud">
  ProxyPass        "https://qnap:9443"
  ProxyPassReverse "https://qnap:9443"
</Location>

You have to enable the apache module headers for that, not rewrite.
And at least while debugging apache config I would not use IfModule. Then you immediately see if needed modules are enabled or not when starting apache. One less cause for errors.

I donā€™t know of any downsides for this solution, and it works so it canā€™t be that bad :slight_smile: Hope it helps!