Warning message with cron

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 27.1.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Debian 11.7
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nginx 1.24.0-v.debian.11+p18.0.55.2+t230919.0741
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.1.23

The issue you are facing:

Since several days I keep receiving warning emails like this one :

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Invalid library (maybe not a PHP library) ‘kolabshared.so’ in Unknown on line 0

I don’t know why it has started and what I should do to stop it. I’ve been obliged to do a manual upgrade recently, since the automatic upgrade had stopped after deleting most of the Nextcloud files and leaving me with an “Update in process” kind of message in my web browser when I tried to connect to Nextcloud.

Thank you

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y):

Steps to replicate it:

I can’t give you the steps to reproduce

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

I see these errors repeated several time

Erreur PHP is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/proc/cpuinfo) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/madonie.org/:/tmp/:/dev/urandom) at /var/www/vhosts/madonie.org/subdomains/nuage/lib/private/Preview/Generator.php#303 2023-06-17T21:42:38+0200
Erreur PHP is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/proc/cpuinfo) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/madonie.org/:/tmp/:/dev/urandom) at /var/www/vhosts/madonie.org/subdomains/nuage/lib/private/Preview/Generator.php#351

This isn’t from Nextcloud but some third party software your server has installed called Kolab. I’d review it’s installation. It appears to be email/IMAP related.

This is the serverinfo app that shows resource consumption.

That could be true, but IMHO the most common cause is a function that checks the # of available CPU cores before generating previews. A workaround is tot add /proc/ to openbase_dir in PHP.ini or the PHP settings on shared hosting, see: