Updated Collabora, now unable to open documents

Hello,

It seems after updating collabora it cause a problem for me too.
I’ve corrected the URL scheme and apache main websocket settings.
Now when I want to open a document I got a connection error message…“please try later”, then I click “ok” on the message box and soon the document opens.
In the log file I have fond this:
wsd-00024-04 00:05:06.490725 [ prison_ws_0004 ] Missing JSON property: 'UserId' wsd-00024-04 00:05:06.490853 [ prison_ws_0004 ] Missing JSON property: 'UserFriendlyName' wsd-00024-04 00:05:06.490938 [ prison_ws_0004 ] Missing JSON property: 'UserCanWrite'What have i just missed?
Thanks for the reply!

The missing JSON properties indicate that you are probably using an old version of Collabora Online Connector (a.k.a. richdocuments).

I just ran through there apache setup with a new install on ubuntu 16.04 and docker pull.

SSLProtocol             all -SSLv2 -SSLv3
  SSLCipherSuite ECDHE-ECDSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-RSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:AES128-GCM-SHA256:AES256-GCM-SHA384:AES128-SHA256:AES256-SHA256:AES128-SHA:AES256-SHA:DES-CBC3-SHA:!DSS
  SSLHonorCipherOrder     on

# Encoded slashes need to be allowed
  AllowEncodedSlashes NoDecode

# Container uses a unique non-signed certificate
  SSLProxyEngine On
  SSLProxyVerify None
  SSLProxyCheckPeerCN Off
  SSLProxyCheckPeerName Off

# keep the host
  ProxyPreserveHost On

# static html, js, images, etc. served from loolwsd
  # loleaflet is the client part of LibreOffice Online
  ProxyPass           /loleaflet https://127.0.0.1:9980/loleaflet retry=0
  ProxyPassReverse    /loleaflet https://127.0.0.1:9980/loleaflet

# WOPI discovery URL
  ProxyPass           /hosting/discovery https://127.0.0.1:9980/hosting/discovery retry=0
  ProxyPassReverse    /hosting/discovery https://127.0.0.1:9980/hosting/discovery

# Main websocket
  #ProxyPassMatch "/lool/(.*)/ws$" wss://127.0.0.1:9980/lool/$1/ws
  ProxyPassMatch "/lool/(.*)/ws$" wss://127.0.0.1:9980/lool/$1/ws nocanon 

# Admin Console websocket
  ProxyPass   /lool/adminws wss://127.0.0.1:9980/lool/adminws

# Download as, Fullscreen presentation and Image upload operations
  ProxyPass           /lool https://127.0.0.1:9980/lool
  ProxyPassReverse    /lool https://127.0.0.1:9980/lool

Exactly the same, you can see the app, but no document?!

In the apache error log I thinks its this line but not sure why its being denied.
[authz_core:error] [pid 9003] [client 192.168.1.7:54881] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /var/www/html/data/.ocdata

t tried something today. I made an update from collabora. The container works fine but i can´t access from Nextcloud.

When i enter this URL: https://office.domaincloud.tld/loleaflet/2.0.1/loleaflet.html

this error occurs:

Wrong WOPI, use: WOPISrc=Valid encoded URI; Or wrong file path, use: file_path=/path/to/Document/

i became this Error:

I’ve got the same issue.

Yeah Collabora is working its just doesn’t have a document.

So its either certs, DNS or file system as when it tries to find the document there is not one there.

I am on Debian and apart from the problem with Aufs and swapping to device-mapper and with self hosting managing your subnets DNS as the docker client is also a subnet client which many overlook.
It works fine and generally much of the errors are config error and confusion over the subdomains, dns and Aufs.

The problem is there is disagreement about Aufs support in the main Kernel so we are not all on the same playing field and Docker is very Distro affected.

I spent a week scratching my head and to be honest if it wasn’t for a bit of help from @Ark74 I would of been stuck.

It caused me so much of a headache I did a noob tutorial by a noob, I used to be a sysadmin but that was almost 20 years ago and the install with hindsight maybe should mention a few things.

That is for Debian Jessie with Ubuntu Xenial (16.04 +) if you install linux-images-extra and linux-images-virtual Ubuntu supports Aufs and I think it works well.

sudo linux-image-extra-$(uname -r) linux-image-extra-virtual doesn’t exist for Debian but this should work for ubuntu.

Run from there repos and get the most current.

So no need to swap to device-mapper as background storage.

This is true with Debian and the info Docker are sharing is cynical in my mind.

With this little bit of info that is relatively worthless and ignore the rest unless you are going to swap device-mapper for aufs support.

Enable the backports repository. See the Debian documentation

Ok what am I supposed to do with the backports? The fact of the matter is Docker uses Aufs and Debian have removed it from the mainline Kernel and Docker don’t want to mention this.

So depending on distro we are not all the same, hey you can edit the instructed methods that work for many and ignore your distro’s docker requirements if you want. Could also be DNS and certs as from reading the forum they are a common hurdle.

But check how Docker should be installed on your distro and just like apache / mariadb / php it may have distro differences that are out of the scope in nextcloud install instructions.

docker ps -a #list all containers.
docker stop [container-id] #stop container
docker rm [container-id] #delete container
docker images #list all images
docker rmi [image-id] #delete image
docker exec -i -t [container-id] /bin/sh #run shell inside container
docker logs [container-id] #view log
docker info #environment setup

https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/docker/1

Check your DNS on the server and inside the container.
nslookup example.com
Check your certs on the server and inside container.
openssl s_client -connect example.com:443

That is about the best I can do and I am actually wondering why the Nextcloud guys are not publishing this info as many people are landing as noobs with nextcloud and leaving with the feeling it is an unsolid product, which it isn’t, but how daft is that?

Hi I’ve got this problem too. When I try and open a document I get the error “Well, this is embarrassing, we cannot connect to your document. Please try again.”

Apache vhost file looks good…

I’m running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

I tried installing linux-image-extra-virtual as the suggestion above but got this error: linux-image-extra-virtual : Depends: linux-image-generic (= 4.4.0.66.70) but 4.4.0.67.72 is to be installed

Can anyone confirm if enabling backports or other repos then install this works on Ubuntu 16.04?

any help for a fix for us Ubuntu users would be great thanks.

Please check your repos and update, there is no need for backports.

You can also use:
linux-image-virtual-hwe-16.04 linux-image-extra-virtual-hwe-16.04

What happen when you do
modprobe aufs ?

Hi thanks for the help. modprobe aufs doesn’t give any output.

I wasn’t aware aufs had to even be installed? There is no mention of it in the Nextcloud Collabora guide?

I’ve tried installing aufs-tools package but that doesn’t seem to do anything to help.

I’m just trying to add collabora to my existing nextcloud server. It’s a dedicated server not VM etc, so I’m confused about all this virtual kernel and aufs stuff? Shouldn’t the docker just open up the files from my Nextcloud… As I say the guide doesn’t mention anything about virtual kernels or aufs??

Great!
Then right after
modprobe aufs
run
grep aufs /proc/filesystems

it should have to show aufs, to enable it by default use,

echo "aufs" | sudo tee -a /etc/modules

Now you should have aufs support ready to go.

What is your output for?[quote=“Jonah_Naylor, post:54, topic:4179”]
As I say the guide doesn’t mention anything about virtual kernels or aufs??
[/quote]
In fact it does, it is the number one of the requirements.

A host that can run a Docker container

Beware that having docker installed and be able to run docker containers are two separated things.

Hi thanks for the help.

Ok modprobe aufs gives no output like I say.

So then I ran
grep aufs /proc/filesystems

which then gave me the output:
nodev aufs

and then I ran
echo "aufs" | sudo tee -a /etc/modules
which gave the output:
aufs

I then stopped the the docker, rm deleted it, then started a new docker. Logged into Nextcloud and clicked on a document… Same error:

Well, this is embarrassing, we cannot connect to your document. Please try again.

Thanks again for any help to get this working.

What is the output of sudo docker info ?

Hi the output sudo docker info gives me is:

# docker info
Containers: 1
 Running: 1
 Paused: 0
 Stopped: 0
Server Version: 1.12.6
Storage Driver: aufs
 Root Dir: /var/lib/docker/aufs
 Backing Filesystem: extfs
 Dirs: 10
 Dirperm1 Supported: true
Logging Driver: json-file
Cgroup Driver: cgroupfs
Plugins:
 Volume: local
 Network: null bridge host overlay
Swarm: inactive
Runtimes: runc
Default Runtime: runc
Security Options: apparmor seccomp
Kernel Version: 4.4.0-67-generic
Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS
OSType: linux
Architecture: x86_64
CPUs: 4
Total Memory: 15.57 GiB
Name: server.domain.com
ID: XEJL:554Z:ZL6Q:EHGH:ZTMY:765E:5F3Y:PA4L:OYTK:LNSD:OBFQ:JZ5N
Docker Root Dir: /var/lib/docker
Debug Mode (client): false
Debug Mode (server): false
Registry: https://index.docker.io/v1/
WARNING: No swap limit support
Insecure Registries:
 127.0.0.0/8

now we can discard docker as an issue!
We have to check the rest!

What is your configuration for the proxy domain?

Hello. I am having the same issue using nginx and the current version of the container. I have not been able to find an up to date nginx config that works. This one did not work. https://www.collaboraoffice.com/code/

By viewing the docker logs I see the following errors when I try to open a document:
office version details: { “ProductName”: “Collabora Office”, “ProductVersion”: “5.1”, “ProductExtension”: “.10.21”, “BuildId”: “e91d2c2d59b035e40bdefac5fe06fb210180ed86” }
wsd-00024-0026 04:48:34.338179 [ client_ws_0006 ] ERR ClientRequestHandler::handleClientRequest: BadRequestException: Invalid or unknown request.| wsd/LOOLWSD.cpp:1240
wsd-00024-0025 04:48:38.436201 [ client_req_hdl ] WRN WOPI host did not pass optional access_token_ttl| wsd/FileServer.cpp:255
wsd-00024-0026 04:48:38.856659 [ client_ws_0007 ] ERR ClientRequestHandler::handleClientRequest: BadRequestException: Invalid or unknown request.| wsd/LOOLWSD.cpp:1240
wsd-00024-0025 04:48:39.036586 [ client_ws_0008 ] ERR ClientRequestHandler::handleClientRequest: BadRequestException: Invalid or unknown request.| wsd/LOOLWSD.cpp:1240
wsd-00024-0026 04:48:39.137494 [ client_ws_0009 ] ERR ClientRequestHandler::handleClientRequest: BadRequestException: Invalid or unknown request.| wsd/LOOLWSD.cpp:1240

Thank you for guidance.

Hi thanks, the proxy domain I’ve just called office.mydomain.com to match my cloud.mydomain.com…

Here is my vhost file exactly how it is except for me editing the domain to mydomain.com just for this forum:

http://pastebin.com/rYwwyRmW

I’ve had to use pastebin sorry as I’m not allowed to add more than 2 links here in one post with me being a new user.

You don’t need to write anything on port 80 for this reverse proxy.

Ubuntu 16.04 is the easiest place to have it running, it must be something to do with your custom setup.

docker // reverse proxy SSL ÂŤ=Âť apache // nextcloud

All on the same server.

Let me know if you find yourself stuck.
Cheers!

I’m not sure if it’s really nginx or something else since i don’t use it, so you might wanna try apache.

Cheers!

This topic is going to auto-close within 2 days. The original problem has been solved, there might be similar issues but please open separate threads and share all required information (versions used, configuration, logfiles).

Hi thanks - so does Collabora not work with Nextcloud when they’re both on the same server but using their own Virtual Server vhost files?