[Solved] Update to NC 17.0.1 failed

And was the guide an official guide or made by another user?

My frustration has nothing to do with helping you solve this problem. It has everything to do with how you can’t figure out simple things. The table you need to fix is listed in several of your posts.

So, if you can’t figure basic things out you might have a better time doing a full reinstall.

Edit: Yes, it is oc_files_trash.

Probably official. It was a while ago.
I’m sorry about your frustration.

tl;dr you don’t actually know. It’s likely not official since you’re having this issue.

A full reinstall might be better all around since you don’t remember what changes you made to the database.

I think I’ll wait this out a little, see if there more people having issues before attempting the upgrade.

Might be a good idea.
I’ll read up on the db-creation parts wrt NC and see if I can’t make this fly again.

maybe just recreate only the offending table? Seems like you probably won’t lose much value if the content of oc_files_trash is lost?

There’s an idea. I’ll look into that. :+1:

Finally found some time to look into this problem with the failed update.
An update:

1. Found this: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/5446

2. Ran this:
    cd /var/www/html/nextcloud
    sudo -u apache php ./occ files:scan --all -vv

No problems detected as I could see, so continued with…

1. sudo -u apache php ./occ maintenance:repair -vv
    There were some ambiguities, I think, but they were fixed.

2. Retried the update to NC 17.0.2 and the update failed again, this time on this:
    Updating …
    Doctrine\DBAL\Schema\SchemaException: The table with name ‘nextcloud.oc_dav_cal_proxy’ already exists.
    Update failed

4.1. Restored the database, as well as the NC-files and folders from backup, then dove into the database itself, continued below.

1. Fired up PhpMyAdmin and renamed the table nextcloud.oc_dav_cal_proxy to nextcloud.oc_dav_cal_proxy.old.

2. Retried the update again, and 'lo, it went through as expected.
    I’ve no idea why it didn’t barf on oc_files_trash again, but there it is.
    Maybe something got fixed in v17.0.2, as opposed to v17.0.1?
    Who knows, it works now and that’s all I care about.

All is A-okay now as far as I can tell.
Thanks all for your comments, hints etc! This forum is great!

1 Like