Update from 25.0.3.2 to 25.0.6 fails (wrong php version?)

Hi, i tried to update my nextcloud instance from 25.0.3.2 initially to 26.0.1 which failed, so i tried to first go to 25.0.6. all that using NCP 1.52.0

The ncp pannel told me that i had to use ncp-config due to a neccessary update of php version

[ nc-update-nextcloud ] (Mon May 29 09:23:31 CEST 2023)
We need to upgrade PHP. This process cannot be performed from the web UI. Please use 'ncp-config' from the terminal (via SSH or direct access) to update Nextcloud instead. Future updates can again be run from the web UI

which i doubt, because i have php 8.1 already installed a while back for some reason i do not remember anymore. However the update to 25.0.6 failed as well and i think this is because it installs php8.2 which nextcloud is not yet compatible afaik.

unfortunately also the rollback does not go well also an i am thuck with dysfunctional version of nextcloud again, which also was the case with the update to 26.0.1.

probably even the rollback already fails due to php 8.2?

here is the ncp logs of this try:

What version of NCP are you using?
Update to php8.1 is automatic in current NextCloudPi v1.52.0

Please run and share output of ncp-report, when in need of assistance.

Btw, updating from NC25 to 26 worked fine for me via ncp-config.

I use ncp 1.52.0 as stated earlier, but probably it installs 8.2 due to the added sources for manual php installation? If i let it update php it will go to 8.2 as well

deb Index of /php/ bullseye

It should not do that, afaik , unless you installed another, php depending, package manually?

There is nothing except nextcloud and minidlna which doesnt use php at all afaik. However, i will remove the sources from apt and give it another try asap

before i go for the next try i would like to solve a minor issue with the current setup, after this last try and the subsequent repair of php8.1 i see a message on ssh login:

-bash: An: command not found
-bash: /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/ncp: line 2: syntax error near une xpected token (' -bash: /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/ncp: line 2: OCP\HintException: [ 0]: Memcache \OC\Memcache\Redis not available for local cache (Is the matching P HP module installed and enabled?)’
-bash: An: command not found
-bash: /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/ncp: line 2: syntax error near une xpected token (' -bash: /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/ncp: line 2: OCP\HintException: [ 0]: Memcache \OC\Memcache\Redis not available for local cache (Is the matching P HP module installed and enabled?)’

i have no idea why i see this as memcache and redis is working as intended as it seems. Nextcloud is running well including Collabora code server and nextcloud office… as the message looks like its twice the same message, i thought it is somehow written by the motd, but i can not find it anywhere.

Ok, so that is fixed as well, i took the

/usr/share/bash-completion/completions/ncp

file from a new ncp image and replaced the one containing that wrong content. I however wonder how that came there…

However, the problems are not yet over, cirrently everything runs well with 25.0.3.2, but reboots take arround 5 minutes. This is until i can ping my raspi. It is currently hard to find out what makes it hang, because i only have ssh access. I have to move it to a screen to see whats going on.

Ok, so i had another issue with a dead sdcard and so had to reinstall ncp from scratch. Restoring the latest backup worked and i was able to update to nextcloud 26.0.1. However, after that there had been a php/8.1 and php/8.2 folder and cron did not work for nextcloud and some other things not working. Turned out, i was using php8.1 fpm in apache and php 8.2 for cli, which in turn did not work propperly.
Manually switching php version to 8.1 did the trick for me and i am now up and running.