Update from 16.0.1 to 16.0.5 (Privacy and Recommendations "Apps Missing Updates")

Hi,

Currently on Nextcloud 16.0.1 and would like to update to 16.0.5. However, I get the following:

"Version

A new version is available: Nextcloud 16.0.5
2 apps have no update for this version available

Apps missing updates

Privacy :arrow_upper_right:
Recommendations :arrow_upper_right:"

These are built in to the software. Should I disable them? I assume this isn’t the best approach as I would anticipate not being able to turn them back on after the update.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

I would recommend to install the update as usual. As you’ve mentioned the two apps are part of the core package and should be updated automatically with the installation.

Thanks. Went ahead with the update without disabling either of the 2 apps in question. In the updater, I got stuck on the downloading step (for far too long) so I decided to back out of the updater in an attempt to restart the process.
Now I get the following message:

“Step 4 is currently in process. Please reload this page later.”

Any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks.

After researching this, I was able to fix it by going into /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini and doing the following:

setting max_execution_time to 3600
setting max_input_time to 3600

Then, navigate to /var/www/html/nextcloud (at least in my case) and issue the following command:

sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:repair

Once completed, I was able to restart the updater in the web interface to complete my upgrade. I’m all set! Thanks for everything :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to know.

I took the liberty to add some details to your brief summary. However, please consider to use more conservative values if possible.

Hope this helps.
:smile:

Thank you for expanding my brief summarization. On your advice, I rolled back max_execution and max_input times to default after I completed my update.

You are welcome. I appreciate your open attitude and I just expanded your good example.

Please consider to give me a ‘like’ i.e. :heart: to motivate me for lendging a hand in the future.