Unable to edit file using Collabora Online

I would double check the Apache settings in your case.

Its not the Apache conf as Collabora is working but failing to return a file parameters json so it can load the file.

Its either the subdomain address in the docker run command is wrong.

But the URL from the logs I got Irfan to copy should show this.

The proxy is working as we can see it infront of us and and running with security removed and self signed is massively insecure and shouldnā€™t be forwarded as a solution.

The Apache conf should be as it says on https://nextcloud.com/collaboraonline/ you must get valid certs, they are free via letsencrypt and others.
There is no reason to compromise the security of nextcloud and use self certs, even letsencrypt allows an offline method.

The setup shown at https://nextcloud.com/collaboraonline/ is currently correct unless an update has been made to Collabora. If it is then it is not your apache conf. But check you have the latest set-up.

If you paste the log URL into a browser does it return a json? Curl is like wget and a command line browser and in the container do the same with curl https://subdomain.example.com and do you get the the same json file that you got in a browser.

For some reason you are sending my pictures so I can not copy and paste.

Use putty and ssh into a remote console where you can copy and paste. http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html or on linux just ssh
ifconfig to get the ip address

Enter the container apt-get install curl
curl the url mentioned.

I apologise but to be honest I donā€™t think you have even run openssl s_client -connect

Are you using self signed certificates as where is the docker container going to find the CA?

Ā§11 of the above howto is set?

First of all i am using Lets Encrypt free ssl/certificates to secure my both url (Nextcloud and office) not self signed certificate.
Secondly, believe me I ran openssl s_client -connect command with my subdomain.

Here are logs: -
sudo openssl s_client -connect office.bridgesgi.com:443
CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=2 O = Digital Signature Trust Co., CN = DST Root CA X3
verify return:1
depth=1 C = US, O = Letā€™s Encrypt, CN = Letā€™s Encrypt Authority X3
verify return:1
depth=0 CN = cloud.bridgesgi.com
verify return:1 so onā€¦

Please correct me if i am wrong, i am assuming office url as subdomain not Nextcloud url.
example- office.mydomain.com (subdomain)
cloud.mydomain.com (Nextcloud URL)

Please find below the docker logs.
Generating RSA private key, 2048 bit long modulus
ā€¦+++
ā€¦+++
e is 65537 (0x10001)
Generating RSA private key, 2048 bit long modulus
ā€¦+++
ā€¦+++
e is 65537 (0x10001)
Signature ok
subject=/C=DE/ST=BW/L=Stuttgart/O=Dummy Authority/CN=localhost
Getting CA Private Key
loolforkit version details: 2.0.2 - 2.0.2
office version details: { ā€œProductNameā€: ā€œCollabora Officeā€, ā€œProductVersionā€: ā€œ5.1ā€, ā€œProductExtensionā€: ā€œ.10.17ā€, ā€œBuildIdā€: ā€œee821f3cc68838910e1a06b6141c2580152640d3ā€ }
wsd-00025-0027 09:26:59.967121 [ client_req_hdl ] WRN WOPI host did not pass optional access_token_ttl| wsd/FileServer.cpp:255
wsd-00025-0028 09:27:01.054710 [ client_ws_0001 ] ERR Unknown resource: /lool/https://cloud.bridgesgi.com/index.php/apps/richdocuments/wopi/files/29_ocpmbz2y4bcf%3Faccess_token=etLbIld0wcW7YOc1d4pUqGBZGPEKogcm&access_token_ttl=0&permission=edit/ws| wsd/LOOLWSD.cpp:1223
wsd-00025-0028 09:27:01.704416 [ client_ws_0002 ] ERR Unknown resource: /lool/https://cloud.bridgesgi.com/index.php/apps/richdocuments/wopi/files/29_ocpmbz2y4bcf%3Faccess_token=etLbIld0wcW7YOc1d4pUqGBZGPEKogcm&access_token_ttl=0&permission=edit/ws| wsd/LOOLWSD.cpp:1223

When i copied above url and paste into browser it is landing on nextcloud login page and when i ran curl command with subdomain urll it gives me json file.

so in the docker run you have nextcloud.myexample.com and not office.myexample.com.
in nextcloud in the collabora you have https://office.myexample.com (in know that but just stating)

I would say then its your files system and I have forgot what distro you are on.
Nextcloud and Collabora seem to be working, your apache config seems to be working but you are not getting access to the file.

There was a slight change to the Collabora apache conf where they added nocanon but if it was that I donā€™t think you would of got as far as you have.

did you run sudo apt-get install linux-image-extra-$(uname -r) linux-image-extra-virtual

Maybe just remove the container and image and pull again after the above and run the container again.

Apols but donā€™t think its your apache conf as you are landing at the right places.

Uname -r - 4.4.0-53-generic

Distro- Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS \n \l

Nextcloud Version- 11.0.1

Above Command is not working-

sudo apt-get install linux-image-extra-$4.4.0-53-generic
Reading package listsā€¦ Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state informationā€¦ Done
E: Unable to locate package linux-image-extra-.4.0-53-generic
E: Couldnā€™t find any package by glob 'linux-image-extra-.4.0-53-genericā€™
E: Couldnā€™t find any package by regex ā€˜linux-image-extra-.4.0-53-genericā€™

Thats probably your problem and full aufs support, you could try swapping to device-mapper as not sure on ubuntu and aufs support and what is the state of play with aufs.

You will see Storage Driver: aufs and it doesnā€™t work and we need to change to devicemapper
grep ExecStart /lib/systemd/system/docker.service
will return something like the below which we need to place in a system.d conf file
ExecStart=/usr/bin/dockerd -H fd://

mkdir /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d
nano /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/execWithDeviceMapper.conf

Create like so (paste):
[Service]
ExecStart=
ExecStart=/usr/bin/dockerd --storage-driver=devicemapper -H fd://
crt+x y to save
systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl restart docker.service

docker info to see if you are on device-mapper as at the end of my knowledge with aufs.

Stuck because the docker install guide doesnā€™t work.

Ps the packkage is prob linux-image-extra-.4.0-53 or something close.
apt-cache search linux-image-extra will prob return the correct named package at a guess.
Aufs does work on Ubuntu just not with the exact instructions they are giving.

device-mapper works also, the choice is yours.

I followed given steps by you and changed from aufs to devicemapper. Also installed linux-image-extra- to latest version.

Find logs below-
apt-get install linux-image-extra-4.4.0-53-generic linux-image-extra-virtual
Reading package listsā€¦ Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state informationā€¦ Done
linux-image-extra-4.4.0-53-generic is already the newest version (4.4.0-53.74).
linux-image-extra-virtual is already the newest version (4.4.0.59.62).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 60 not upgraded.

I have a doubt in below script can you give me basic understanding.

mkdir /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d
nano /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/execWithDeviceMapper.conf

Create like so (paste):
[Service]
ExecStart= (In this field we have to put data that i am getting from using grep ExecStart /lib/systemd/system/docker.service command or we need to left this fileld.)

ExecStart=/usr/bin/dockerd --storage-driver=devicemapper -H fd:// (or should i need to change this filed)

I am unsure why the examples have always shown a first empty execstart= but exactly like that.

[Service]
ExecStart=
ExecStart=/usr/bin/dockerd --storage-driver=devicemapper -H fd://

I presume its exactly like the above, I am just not on Ubuntu so just to be sure like that and the results of grep ExecStart /lib/systemd/system/docker.service

basically its just the docker recommendations of how to make docker.d use an alternative background storage method.

We will see if all works after and if so it was file system and its up to you if that is all that is needed or persevere with aufs

Thank you @Stuart_Naylor - the DNSfix solved a very frustrating runaround

Thanks, it work for me. I try add dns server to my collabora, which that dns is contain my nextcloud domain.