Thumbnail generator

I have a few folders with hundreds of photo’s and when i open a folder with that many photo’s it takes ages to see them all because of the thumbnails that has to be generated.

I was searching a bit and found this:

However, when i try to execute the command I get the following error

[Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\CommandNotFoundException]  
  There are no commands defined in the "gallery" namespace.   

I know this is a beta feature but has it been removed or do I need to install something extra to make it work.

EDIT:

Found out it isn’t in the code. So is there another way to speed this up :slight_smile:

Do you use the gallery+ app? That’s kind of a feature preview (doesn’t run on older versions) for future gallery-apps.

It’s actually a feature which was never released because too many changes happened on the server at the same time and because I never found the time to finish writing the tests.

In the meantime, Nextcloud has gained the capability to run tasks in the background, which would probably be a better fit than running a sync task which can take hours.

I think developers should register their interest on Github and we can finalise some specs and get this done.
Even better, come to the free conference in Berlin :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Hello,

I also have thousands photo in nextcloud, full resolution. So I am very interested to have auto generated thumbnails for the photos I have on nextcloud.
It would be faster on mobile network.

Nathanael

@nathanael1, see a post above:

I think developers should register their interest on Github and we can finalise some specs and get this done.
Even better, come to the free conference in Berlin .

Feel free to join the team.

Hello, I would like to help, but I am not a dev…

maybe its possible to merge this changes to nextcloud? :wink:

1 Like

Hello,

could someone give an update about the status. I am really looking forward to this feature!!!
Did you consider to store the Thumbnails for shared folders only once globally and not for every user having access to the shared folder?

Thanks a lot.

RaKi