The new standard in on-premises team collaboration: Nextcloud Hub

Estimated time of availability/arrival

I think as always: in the next week, rolling release.

Between tomorrow and 15 days if nothing that breaks code is found.

The way v18 will spread on the updater is aleatory.

I can have the notification in 2 days and you in 4.

So what are the RAM requirements for running nextcloud including the Community Document Server app? The same as for OnlyOffice Community server (so 6GB+ RAM) or is it a trimmed OnlyOffice that will run on my 2GB RAM vServer?

The system requirements for OO are bogus. The Docker image of the regular Document server needs about 1 gigabyte of RAM although it might spike with many users. Have not stress-tested it much.

Just for information, downloadsize for Community Document Server ist 290MB and i need with my testserver with low networkconnection this:

to prevent cURL error 28: Operation timed out (CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT: Operation timeout. The specified time-out period was reached according to the conditions)

2 Likes

The App Community Document Server wont start.

I see this in the logfile:

[no app in context] Error: Error: Class ā€˜OCA\Onlyoffice\AppConfigā€™ not found at <>

1. /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php line 118
    OCA\DocumentServer\AppInfo\Application->OCA\DocumentServer\AppInfo{closure}("*** sensitive parameters replaced ***")
  2. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php line 113
    Pimple\Container->offsetGet(ā€œOCA\DocumentSe ā€¦ gā€)
  3. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php line 408
    OC\AppFramework\Utility\SimpleContainer->query(ā€œOCA\DocumentSe ā€¦ gā€)
  4. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/DependencyInjection/DIContainer.php line 386
    OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer->queryNoFallback(ā€œOCA\DocumentSe ā€¦ gā€)
  5. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/documentserver_community/lib/AppInfo/Application.php line 84
    OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer->query(ā€œOCA\DocumentSe ā€¦ gā€)
  6. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/documentserver_community/lib/AppInfo/Application.php line 88
    OCA\DocumentServer\AppInfo\Application->getAutoConfig()
  7. /var/www/nextcloud/apps/documentserver_community/appinfo/app.php line 4
    OCA\DocumentServer\AppInfo\Application->register()
  8. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/app.php line 266
    require_once("/var/www/nextcl ā€¦ p")
  9. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/app.php line 155
    OC_App::requireAppFile(ā€œdocumentserver_communityā€)
  10. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/app.php line 128
    OC_App::loadApp(ā€œdocumentserver_communityā€)
  11. /var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php line 993
    OC_App::loadApps()
  12. /var/www/nextcloud/index.php line 38
    OC::handleRequest()

GET /nextcloud/apps/files
from 192.168.1.1 by +++ at 2020-01-17T20:24:55+01:00

Open a ticket on the github of the app or on a new thread on this forum please.

the same here, tried to activate in a 18rc2, just as an informationā€¦

Virtual Drive is included in Hub?

Or am i misleaded?

No you must confuse.
@frank and @jospoortvliet and @camila stopped about speaking Virtual Drive Client becauseā€¦

well. after 15 minutes clicking around i still didnā€™t found the ā€œbuild inā€ onlyoffice.

where is it hidden?

The name of the App is
DocumentServer
But itā€™s very buggy for the moment.

I canā€™t personally tell you iā€™m not yet on NC18.

thatā€™s the easy part. start up a virtualbox and

curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ReinerNippes/nextcloud/nextcloud-reloaded/prepare_system.sh | /bin/bash
git clone --branch nextcloud-reloaded https://github.com/ReinerNippes/nextcloud
cd nextcloud
./nextcloud.yml -e "nextcloud_fqdn=example.domain.tld nextcloud_webserver_type=nginx nextcloud_certificate_type='acme.sh'"

i installed it. but nothing happend. maybe i f*cked up the system because i enabled the onlyoffice app before.

maybe tomorrow i give it a try again.

For OnlyOffice:

1. Install and enable latest OnlyOffice app
  2. Install and enable document server app

Thatā€™s it.

Upgraded to official 18.0.0RC2-apache docker image, installed Community Document Server app successfully, but on trying to open a file I get:

Community document server is not supported for this instance, please setup and configure an external document server

ā€¦ because what?

If Iā€™m not mistaken if you use the OnlyOffice Document Server Community Edition the simultaneous connections is only 20 vs to you will put up your own OnlyOffice Document Server and the simultaneous connections is base on your server hardware

OnlyOffice Document Server

OnlyOffice Docement Server Community Edition
https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/CommunityServer

Thank You

1 Like

Thatā€™s a mystery.
Thatā€™s why i put a ā€¦
they donā€™t speak about that itā€™s very unclear.
Users are left in the Unknown with nothing.
In order to survive here, we have to become like Animals. And we have to forgot all our senses of understanding and loveā€¦
Werner Herzog.