Stable debian repository

No need to apologize @ijurisic. I am greatly appreciative of your help, whenever you can get around to it. I hope you feel better, friend!

After adding your repository, I am up and running now! Thank you very much! No more need to log in to Windoze! :slight_smile:

One small thing I noted, was when I first synced, I received the following message:

Not Found
The requested URL /owncloud/status.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.10 (Debian) Server at [my.url.redacted] Port 443

Should I report that as a minor issue to NextCloud devs?

It wasn’t an issue for me, I just extended my base url and added /nextcloud because that’s where my installation resides (instead of /owncloud) and then it went on just fine. But I figure that’s a little leftover detail just probably still hanging around since the fork.

Just wanted to say thanks to authors of nextcloud software and to nextcloud community for creating/maintaining debian repo. Upgraded to stretch and nextcloud-server 12 from ijurisic’s repo few minutes ago.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love new update of nextcloud server 12.0.1 !!!

p.s. - Debian repository updated for jessie and stretch.

thanks for the debs. on a fresh install of stretch i did these to get around some issues:

[ trying to format as code not sure If i can figure that out]

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

apt install apt-transport-https

apt install nextcloud-server php-zip php-mbstring php-ldap

however page set up failed .

mysql needed to be set up

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Nextcloud
mysql -u root

MariaDB [(none)]> CREATE DATABASE nextcloud DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.01 sec)

MariaDB [(none)]> CREATE USER nextcloud@‘localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘PASSWORDt’;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

MariaDB [(none)]> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON nextcloud.* TO nextcloud@localhost;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

aftre that the web page set up worked.

Nextcloud client seems not available:

willi@tolot:~$ sudo apt-cache search nextcloud
nextcloud-server - Nextcloud server: community-driven, free & open
willi@tolot:~$

Repository updated, server 12.0.3. Enjoy :grinning:

Hi,

Nextcloud-server seems to be gone on Xenial.

sudo apt-cache search nextcloud
nextcloud-client - Nexcloud desktop synchronization client

Updated repository for Stretch and Jessie.

nextcloud-server 12.0.4
nextcloud-client 2.3.3

Enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

nextcloud-server 12.0.5

Lot changes from 12.0.4 to 12.0.5 and strongly recommend to make update.

nextcloud-server 13.0.0

Example of upgrade 12.0.5 to 13.0.0

It seems @morph027 no longer updates packages, perhaps I should link to you, @ijurisic ?? OK with that?

I guess it isn’t possible to create one repo where you both work on and where others can contribute… Having a public and maintained-with-multiple-people repo would be nicest…

Hi!

I’m just happy with a one-time extract and then use the updater :wink:

But of course, multiple maintainers would be great. I will check for options where to host. Launchpad was to bogus to me last time i’ve tried, probably opensuse build service.

nextcloud-server 13.0.2

Example of upgrade 13.0.1 to 13.0.2

p.s. - @morph027 I open for collaboration :grinning:

nextcloud-server 13.0.4

Example of upgrade.

Packages for Jessie and Stretch is upgraded from 13.0.4 to 13.0.5

Hey, seems the nextcloud-server package depends on some unneeded packages. I already have a working install, and yet it wants to pull in these additional packages:

libpq5 php7.0-cgi php7.0-ldap php7.0-pgsql php7.0-sqlite3

Presumably it should use an ‘or’ for the database connections, so it would depend on “php-mysql | php-pgsql | php-sqlite3”.

php-cgi should probably be replaced with “php-fpm | php-cgi”. Note the description of the php-cgi package:

Note that MOST users probably want the php7.0-fpm package.

php-ldap is not required, would be better in the recommends section.

Thanks for maintaining this repository.

@Dreamsorcerer - Your suggestion is for package Jessie or Stretch?

Stretch please.

I move from “Depends” to:

Recommends: php7.0-ldap, php7.0-pgsql, php7.0-sqlite3
Suggests: php7.0-cgi

OK, seems the package is not what I was expecting.

The package seems to just install a copy of Nextcloud into /var/www/nextcloud/ owned by www-data. I don’t see any benefit of a package like that compared to just downloading the software from nextcloud.com.

I was expecting something similar to the WordPress package found in Debian. e.g. Nextcloud code is installed in /usr/share/nextcloud/ owned by root. Config files found in /etc/nextcloud/ and then the datadirectory in a user-specified location (like /var/www/nextcloud/). This separates the data, which the server should be able to edit from the core code which shouldn’t be editable by the server, and should only change when packages are updated.

I’ve manually setup an install along those lines, so if you’re interested in creating a package along those lines, I can explain how to create the setup.

1 Like