Setup warnings after upgrading to NC21

I am self hosting NC on a Debian Buster Linode with nginx. It has been working fine up to now. i recently upgraded to version 21.0.1. After this the Setup|Administration|Overview page is indicating that there are the 2 warnings in the Security and Setup Warnings section:

• Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/.well-known/webfinger”. Further information can be found in the documentation.
  • Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/.well-known/nodeinfo”. Further information can be found in the documentation.

The links did not give an indication how to address this but I found a link that someone put the following in the NextCloud nginx config file, but it did not remove the warnings. Any other suggestions.

location /.well-known {       
    location = /.well-known/carddav   { return 301 /nextcloud/remote.php/dav/; }
    location = /.well-known/caldav    { return 301 /nextcloud/remote.php/dav/; }

# according to the documentation these two lines are not necessary, but version 21.0.0 will produce warnings in the overview setup check
    location = /.well-known/webfinger   { return 301 /nextcloud/index.php$uri; }
    location = /.well-known/nodeinfo   { return 301 /nextcloud/index.php$uri; }

# anything else is dynamically handled by Nextcloud
    location ^~ /.well-known          { return 301 /nextcloud/index.php$uri; }

Hi @dworthem,
maybe this can help you :
sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:update:htaccess

Yes, it wasn’t properly added in the documentation:

The nginx default config should be the right place, did you try manually if you were redirected. Only one thing, perhaps it’s not just in the ssl config but perhaps in the default config as well, where you should add the redirects?

No, .htaccess doesn’t do anything in nginx webservers.

1 Like

Do you mean file /etc/nginx/sites-available/default?

A symlink of that to /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default did not work

@dworthem try to add this : [Nginx] /.well-known/caldav not properly set up - #3 by bastien

With curl, I’d try to connect to the .well-known URLs and then check on the logfiles in parallel.

curl -vvvv http://example.org/.well-known/carddav
curl -vvvv http://example.org/.well-known/webfinger