Setup warning caldav/cardav

Hello,

Nextcloud version: 19.0.2 (just upgraded)
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 18.04
Nginx version: 1.14
PHP version: 7.2

If have the classic warnings for /.wellknown/caldav (same for cardav) in the Security & setup warnings. I just upgraded from Nextcloud 18. I seem to remember that I got rid of the warning on the before upgrade, but now I’m not sure anymore.

Warnings
  • Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/.well-known/caldav”. Further information can be found in the documentation.
  • Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/.well-known/carddav”. Further information can be found in the documentation.

My instance is running on a VM (libvirt). I use Nginx on the host for reverse proxy and Nginx on the VM for Nextcloud.
The Nginx running nextcloud as the following special rules for “/.wellknown”:

Nginx config
 17    location ^~ /.well-known {
 18         rewrite ^/\.well-known/host-meta\.json  /public.php?service=host-meta-json  last;
 19         rewrite ^/\.well-known/host-meta        /public.php?service=host-meta       last;
 20         rewrite ^/\.well-known/webfinger        /public.php?service=webfinger       last;
 21         rewrite ^/\.well-known/nodeinfo         /public.php?service=nodeinfo        last;
 23         location = /.well-known/carddav {
 24             return 301 $scheme://$host:$server_port/remote.php/dav/;
 25         }
 26         location = /.well-known/caldav {
 27             return 301 $scheme://$host:$server_port/remote.php/dav/;
 28         }
 30         try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
 31     }

I checked using FireFox, and the redirections are properly made. I don’t know what to do to get rid of the warnings. Any idea please?

I think the easiest way to find related information is by using the search function of this forum, because this kind of question is being asked on a regular base:

https://help.nextcloud.com/search?q=nginx%20%2F.well-known%2Fcaldav%20

And what exactly makes you think that I didn’t research before hand?
Because I did made a research and found no one having my issue.
The sync is working (for example, my phone gets the update), the redirection is working. It’s only the warning that is still there, my configuration is correct. Which I checked by looking the response on the forum.

It’s kind of insulting to assume I’m just lazy when I’m merely having issue understanding what’s happening

And since apparently you’re so good at making research. You would have stubbled upon this thread:

Thank you but no thank you

Your initial description doesn’t contain detailed information about what you’ve already done and what the result of these activities were, etc., etc. It more or less only contains static information but nothing else.

If you would have followed this forum as long as I did you would have learned that many users are definitely not using the search function to find an answer on their question. If you want to make sure that you’re classified as experienced user, you should provided more inside into the work you already did to find the root cause of the problem.

I used the inspector and network tracking to make sure the redirection was happening properly. I checked that my configuration was right (as attested by the “static” info. What you want a video of my tracking?

I did what came to mind. I research on both the forum and Google. My service is working.

I don’t want to be perceived as an expert, I’m not. I just rather people try to help me diagnose the issue (since I followed the documentation, forum results and the service is working) rather than implying I’m lazy and not trying.

No, I’m not experienced in the forum, but I didn’t make any assumption either. You right off started by assuming I didn’t search on my own. You didn’t ask if I had done a search, you supposed I didn’t. You’re being arrogant and dismissing the actual discussion:

I don’t understand why the service works and I get the warning. Other people don’t.

All you do is look for putting the blame on me and nothing to help me being less of a newbie with the software.

I get this warning. What are you basing that assumption on?

Service works fine. Caldav works fine. Ignore the warning.