Restore a broken NCP instance

Hi everyone,

I had a NextCloud running on a Pi 4, but a while ago the Pi had did not boot anymore. After this I created a backup image of the SD card, but installing this back to the SD card does not work, apparently some important files somewhere are broken. Most files seem to be fine, though, so in case there is something important there it should be possible to recover it. Both ncdata (contains e.g. user directories) and ncdatabase (contains e.g. directories mysql and nextcloud) were on a USB-Stick and were apparently not affected so I copied them to another drive.

I set up a new instance using the same version (22.2.2), than I copied ncdata, ncdatabase and config.php to the new instance. I also had to adapt the ownerships, I set them to www-data:www-data for ncdata and config.php and to mysql:mysql for ncdatabase.

It does not work, though. The NCP System info shows error for the entry Nextcloud check. The NextCloud logs are empty. I already tried changing the log-path to /var/www/nextcloud/nextcloud.log, after rebooting the log-files were created but remain empty.

Any further ideas what to do to solve or narrow down the problem? Are there other log-files somewhere else?

You can find a list of some logs here :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t know, I think maybe it would be easier to setup a new instance first that works, then move the old user files to the new instance and run the occ/ncc command to scan for external files