Problem after Updating to v28

HOW DO I ADD A STUPID PHP MODULE NOW AND WHERE ???

Yes sir, this is a complete sentence!

Stop yelling, and nagging around like a little kid if you seriously expect help here.

1 Like

everytime you want to run occ command from inside image, you need to apt update and apt install sudo

trully stupid

i donā€™t know if you guys forgot to add a few basic dependencies or just laziness

if you wanted to help you wouldā€™ve

start with reading this: GitHub - nextcloud/docker: ā›“ Docker image of Nextcloud

and this: Background jobs ā€” Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

1 Like

if you install php modules inside the image, it gets lostā€¦ docker-compose down and docker-compose up - d and all the changes are gone

trully donā€™t get this

iā€™ll just leave it, i am not zipping anything anyway

iā€™ ve had nextcloud for 2 years now and THIS UPDATE BROKE IT

you guys could write A CHANGE LOG AND NOT EXPECT PEOPLE TO READ ALL BOOKS EVERY STUPID UPDATE

Itā€™s not broke otherwise you wouldnā€™t be able to see the setup warnings ;-p

itā€™s broke, whats ā€™ unclear to you ?

iā€™ve updated, doesnā€™t work !

see, youā€™ve add 8 tags to this thread ā€¦

8 THINGS ARE BROKEN THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO IDENTIFY, just from my whine ā€¦

lmaoo, i suggest YOU GO UPDATE THE DOCUMENTATION AND SEND THE LINKS OUT

How would a changelog help, if you donā€™t know how to use occ to apply the new parameters or how to add them via environment variables: GitHub - nextcloud/docker: ā›“ Docker image of Nextcloud

You donā€™t need to read the ā€œbooksā€ all over again because of a new configuration parameter, but you should have read them at least once to know the basics of how to manage the environment you are using.

brother, iā€™ve been using this thing for more than 2 years, i know my way around

what i donā€™t know is what changed since last version to this version that i need to spends hours now trying to hunt down what you guys forgot

i am not going to read the whole documentation to try to find whatā€™s new

i donā€™t have a diff tool in my head

I found this i know how to fix it Docker image: setup warning missing bz2 after update to NC 28.0.0 - #17 by pri_ms_ki

what i donā€™t understand why isnā€™t this in the image, because installing like this does not make it persistent

Thatsā€™ why there is a warning in the adminstrator overwiew, with a link to the documentation. And if you would have read that link, you would have realized, that the maintainenance window parameter differs depending on the timezone youā€™re in, so it canā€™t be pre-set in the image.

what i donā€™t understand why isnā€™t this in the image, because installing like this does not make it persistent

what i donā€™t understand why isnā€™t this in the image, because installing like this does not make it persistentwhat i donā€™t understand why isnā€™t this in the image, because installing like this does not make it persistentwhat i donā€™t understand why isnā€™t this in the image, because installing like this does not make it persistentwhat i donā€™t understand why isnā€™t this in the image, because installing like this does not make it persistentwhat i donā€™t understand why isnā€™t this in the image, because installing like this does not make it persistentwhat i donā€™t understand why isnā€™t this in the image, because installing like this does not make it persistent

because the value depends on the timezone youā€™re in, and when you want the maintainenance window to start.

I donā€™t use the NC Docker images, but as far as I understand it, thatā€™s what environment variables are for: GitHub - nextcloud/docker: :ferry: Docker image of Nextcloud

My previous post obviously was about the maintenance_window_start parameter.

As for the bz2 package, I honestly donā€™t understand it either, why they donā€™t just include it. Thereā€™s a discussion about it on GitHub, and as far as I can remember itā€™s only needed in very few situations, so you can probably just ignore the warning.

truly, NC is a big machinery and you can die tryinā€™
Iā€™m not using sudo if i need to log in and access the container, I lazily use root huhu
But we all know I wouldnā€™t do that in my Debian, right?
peace :v:

Easy way to do this:

1. Delete all entery in /path/to/nextcloud/data/nextcloud.log
  2. add ā€˜logfileā€™ => ā€˜/path/to/nextcloud/data/nextcloud.logā€™, to /path/to/nextcloud/config/config.php
  3. done