PHP memory limit is below the recommended value of 512MB

I cannot answer you where there is memory settings not yet configured. Sorry. You might get some answers by running php_info(); somehow, which will show you which config files are in use.

You mean systemctl restart php8.1-fpm.service and not with the last dash, right?

Yes, I made a mistake.

The command (in different variants)

~$ sudo php_info(); or phpinfo()

allways produces the error

-bash: Syntaxfehler beim unerwarteten Symbol Ā»(Ā«

I read the site

https://www.php.net/manual/de/function.phpinfo.php

and tried everything possible. The above error remains.
Now I rub my eyes and donā€™t understand anything anymore.

phpinfo() needs to run in a PHP engine. As the very least you got to do:

sudo php phpinfo(); However you needs to do this at the engine running your NC, so best is to create an phpinfo.php file in your www/nextcloud folder with this content:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

then chmod +x /path/to/nextcloud/directory/phpinfo.php

THEN go to your browser:

https:///phpinfo.php

My result from the browserinput:
https://phpinfo.php

So that you can check my input again, here are the commands:

sudo nano /var/www/nextcloud/phpinfo.php
-->   <?php phpinfo(); ?> 
sudo chmod +x /var/www/nextcloud/phpinfo.php

Sorry my bad.

What I usually do (CAUTION! THIS CAN BREAK YOUR SYSTEM IF NOT DONE RIGHT):

sudo -u www-data mv /path/to/nextcloud/index.php /path/to/nextcloud/index.php_bak
sudo -u www-data nano /path/to/nextcloud/index.php

THIS ABOVE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP IN THIS ENTIRE WALKTHROUGH. THIS IS YOUR BACKUP FOR SAFELY GETTING BACK TO NORMAL!

Ex:

sudo -u www-data mv /var/www/nextcloud/index.php /var/www/nextcloud/index.php_bak
sudo -u www-data nano /var/www/nextcloud/index.php

then in ā€œnewā€ php file:

<?php 

phpinfo(INFO_ALL);

?>

Then go to https://your.domain.tld/

That will output something like this:

The section that shows you the ini files parsed, is the interesting one aswell as the section that shows you the memory settings.

When done, do this:

sudo -u www-data mv /path/to/nextcloud/index.php /path/to/nextcloud/index.php_bak
sudo -u www-data nano /path/to/nextcloud/index.php

ex

sudo -u www-data mv /var/www/nextcloud/index.php_bak /var/www/nextcloud/index.php

make sure that the file is correctly owned by www-data again!:

sudo chown www-data:www-data /path/to/nextcloud/index.php

ex

sudo chown www-data:www-data /var/www/nextcloud/index.php

If you are using Nextcloudpi the php memory can be changed in ncp-config or in the ncp WebUI.
I use the default values and it runs pretty well.

php-imagick is not installed with ncp because there are plenty security concerns.

1 Like

I do not know NCP so I was not aware of those settings. It is probably safer to do it that way. :slight_smile:

Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-02-11 22-27-48

Thatā€™s the page in the webUI.

1 Like

@REAPERSbattlecry @Kerasit
Sorry for reading your last post so late.
The hint with nc-limits was spot on.
Too bad I couldnā€™t read any ncp internal help on this: ā€˜MEMORYLIMITā€™!
Because time is pressing and I was not making any progress and recently had some ambiguities with the data, I reinstalled ncpi again.
Now I want to better adapt my installation to the hardware. The data in /var/www/nextcloud should first move to /home and then to sda1.
So far I havenā€™t had any problems, but now I do. With sudo I can initiate commands, but su - plus PW does not work,

I moved it with nextcloudpi wizard.

How did you install ncp (curl, docker, image?) and on what platform (rpi, pc, VM?)

@REAPERSbattlecry
ncp runs on AMD64, I3 minipc, it was installed an Debian 11.6 with curl.
Unfortunately, I had to spend a lot of time to find out that Firefox kept blocking access with when logging into the domain. Cash cleaning didnā€™t help, so Iā€™m now working with an alternative browser.
It works very well.
Thanks!

That sounds like certificate trust issuesā€¦?

@Kerasit
Iā€™m not sure. In the ncp panel letsencrypt is marked as installed and the screenshot from Firefox looks fine too. And how about Konqueror and Falkon?
I would like to set up Firefox to work with nextcloud.
Since I didnā€™t have such difficulties in earlier versions, Iā€™ll have to deal with it in my old age.
2023-02-15_09-20

Then it is not certificates. I have no idea. For me firefox has no issues. What is the output from developert tool (f12)?

After a backup I find:

Error verifying server setup.

From the log file:

![2023-02-15_13-13|690x396](upload://pB54ErZT9VNW8xzwkyzzmWZ6oZV.png)

I am totally frustrated and will soon give up.

I started Nextcloud journey using NCPi (when it was called that) on a Raspberry PI2. At the time, NCP was good, but I quickly became frustrated. I then moved away from RPI and I was probably the second or third who on my own managed to install and setup NC in a Linux Container. Now it is much better documented and there are loads of tutorials out there. However installing it and configuring it in a clean container, proved much easier than I first anticipated. If you do not have the cuorage to venture down this road, you should use the AIO VM or AIO Docker.
It has been to long ago I have even tried NCP, and much have improved and changed since. But I urge you not to give up.

@Kerasit
Thank you for your words.
Since Iā€™ve also tried Docker and Portainers, ncpi seemed to be the easiest and most direct way to use Nextcloud.
My thought - the more Klimbim. the more responsibility. But the frequent frustrations with ncpi seem to me to be too great today. Like you, I suspect that ncpi can run better on a Raspi.
So I start again with Docker. Thank you for encouraging me.

One reason for my problems:

Thanks for your replies!

But iā€™m going on trying to install nextcloud. Therefor i have to open another thread about letsencrypt