OnlyOffice native on aarch64 (arm64 - RockPro64)

Hello together,
have anybody successfully compiled onlyOffice for aarch64 architecture :face_with_monocle:?
My tries always failed on compiling the required 3dParty libraries v8 (google stuff :face_with_raised_eyebrow:).

May be that my OS (debian bullseye) did not have the required ā€˜oldā€™ development header files or libraries?

I also tried to crosscompile it on an older (debian stretch) system, but also with no success - there are also v8 compile problems :frowning_face:.

If anybody is successful use onlyOffice native on an aarch64 system please tell me how you got it to work :smiley:.

Many thanks

dear, arther compiling, in which till today no one had got success.
try

install documentserver_community on your nextcloud with commandline and also install onlyoffice app

try u will get it working

So far, noone has succeeded with it working (someone compiled it, but itā€™s not working).

However, Iā€™ve succeeded in creating a docker container with an environment where the documentserver works without any problems (at least Iā€™m not avare of any and Iā€™ve been using it every day for at least 2 months now).

The only requirements are docker, docker-compose and time as the creation of the docker image takes quite a long while. Make a coffee, make yourself comfortable and after some time, it will install.

1 Like

I download your Docker-DocumentServer-Arm64 form github.
but the docservice canā€™t work.What should I do?
/var/www/onlyoffice/documentserver/server/DocService/docservice: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

1 Like

Of course. Have you installed the nescessary packages (sudo apt install qemu qemu-user-static binfmt-support)? This is what I got if I didnā€™t install them.

dear,I checked your image(sudo apt install qemu qemu-user-static binfmt-support). the packages are installed. and onlyoffice has run successfully.

root@577b17745f89:/# sudo apt list qemu binfmt-support qemu-user-static
Listingā€¦ Done
binfmt-support/stable,now 2.2.1-1 arm64 [installed]
qemu-user-static/bullseye-backports,now 1:6.2+dfsg-2~bpo11+1 arm64 [installed]
qemu/bullseye-backports,now 1:6.2+dfsg-2~bpo11+1 arm64 [installed]
When I perform its example, the following error occurredļ¼š
root@23622424a194:/# sudo supervisorctl start ds:example
ds:example: ERROR (spawn error)
In documentserver-example log file has the following error message:
supervisor: couldnā€™t exec /var/www/onlyoffice/documentserver-example/example: ENOEXEC
supervisor: child process was not spawned

What should I do?thanks.

These packages should be installed on your system. Donā€™t worry about whatā€™s in the image, you have to install it on the host. For whatever reason they donā€™t work if theyā€™re only in the container, they have to be on the host as well. I mention this in the README on DockerHub and on GitHub in the Requirements section.

Please install the packeges sudo apt install qemu binfmt-support qemu-user-static on your host and tell me if it works.

many thanks. My os is centos 7 arm64. I tryed to install qemu ** on my system.But very difficult. CentOS yum repo donā€™t have those packages. :joy: Anybody has solutionļ¼Ÿalthough Iā€™ve succeeded in creating a docker container base on your docker container and cwdata-com compiled onlyOffice for aarch64 architecture.

Please migrate away from CentOS as fast as possible. That OS is End Of Life, it wonā€™t be receiving any updates and considering you want to run it as a server, it is a really bad idea as there wonā€™t be any security patches. Iā€™m sorry but I canā€™t help you with this one. Iā€™m not installing EOL OS on my Pi to figure out how to get package for a OS that isnā€™t supported anymore.

dear. many thanks. I had installed the packeges sudo apt install qemu binfmt-support qemu-user-static on the host. itā€™s working. :heart_eyes: